Company: KAR Auction Services, Inc.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job Summary : Reporting to the General Manager, will provide
accounting support and assistance to the auction General Manager,
the Controller and the auction staff and provide certain oversight
functions to ensure accounting policies, internal controls and
procedures are being followed. Must know, practice and ensure that
company policies and procedures and state and federal laws are
followed at all times and ensure that no company, employee or
customer information is inappropriately divulged to unauthorized
parties. Operate the Accounting, Front Office, and Collection
departments in accordance with corporate guidelines. Provide
accurate and timely financial data while observing all Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Meet report deadlines and
timely month-end closing process. Perform all duties assigned by
the General Manager and Controller.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous
attention from all accounting, front office and collection
employees and that those employees maintain a professional
appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner
and advise the Controller and General Manager of all serious
complaints or incidences.
- Monitor and maintain auction records and reports complying with
established accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of all general ledger
accounts with weekly and monthly corporate reports. Initiate
follow-up on discrepancies and follow up timely on questions from
- Work with shops and other departments to determine the best
process for each step of revenue recognition and accounting for
expense in the proper months.
- Evaluate and maintain processes and procedures in the
accounting department, and with other auction departments and
shops, to ensure efficiency in the processes and accuracy of all
accounting information. Communicate any problems to
- Oversee collections process, as well as approved payment terms
for customers, to keep bad debt and interest expense to a
- Review accounts receivable reports at least monthly and discuss
any risk, title processing or cash flow inefficiency concerns and
potential issues with the Controller and General Manager. Conduct
the weekly AR meeting with appropriate staff and managers and
follow up on necessary items. Prepare monthly financial statements
and other accounting reports.
- Analyze key financial ratios and present relevant information
to the Controller and General Manager. Analysis encompasses both
financial and operating metrics as well as company initiatives and
- Benchmark auction performance against budget and history and
provide suggestions on efficiencies.
- Review potential capital expenditures for proper capitalization
or expensing and ensure capital expenditures approval procedures
are followed. Ensure capital expenditures are placed into service
on a timely basis.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley key controls are in place for the
- Assist the Controller in providing necessary accounting
information in preparation of budget and long-term planning.
- Assist with all audits and reviews, both internal and external
and provide timely information when requested.
- Prepare weekly forecasts for the Controller regarding financial
performance for each month compared to budget.
- Conduct the monthly financial review with the General Manager,
Assistant General Manager and Controller. Ensure accurate and
timely reconciliation of department accounting. Initiate and
follow-up on discrepancies.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins,
schedules and accounting from the General Manager, Controller or
other corporate sources. Conduct employee meetings as necessary to
communicate company and department issues and build teamwork among
the employees. Maintain a good flow of communication with
Controller and other accounting, front office and collections
- Coordinate recruiting and hiring with the HR Representative and
- Ensure all accounting, front office and collection employees
are properly trained.
- Ensure Departments are always properly staffed to control
payroll and overtime.
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisals for direct reports
per company policy.
- Practice and always promote teamwork. Set a good personal
example of attitude and performance. Demonstrate a high level of
personal integrity and ensure auction staff are aware of company
- Monitor all area related conditions, property and equipment
within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and
safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdowns and maintenance
- Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee safety.
Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee accidents,
injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents
immediately. Practice and instruct all employees in proper loss
prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly
- Perform other duties as required.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in
Accounting, Finance or a related discipline with at least three (3)
years of accounting required. Management experience is preferred.
Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid
The physical activity requirements of the position are from
Sedentary Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and
field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical,
Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection)
Constant - sitting, repetitive motions, watching, touching,
Frequent - walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping
Occasional - stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting
Potential - running, jumping, yelling or other rapid or forceful
movement in emergency situations
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside environmental working
conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor
atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such
as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and
Note: Refer to the Handbook and Policy Manuals for important
addendum requirements to all job descriptions. This job description
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position.
Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested
by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills or abilities.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer
look at our benefits here .
Keywords: KAR Auction Services, Inc., Dallas , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Hutchins, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!