Senior Specialist, Claims and Fraud Operations
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Description Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Fraud Investigator I will assist in the investigations of
reported, alleged, or suspected fraud as it relates to or impacts
Santander Consumer USA (SC). The incumbent is expected to
investigate and document work performed to an expected standard
following procedures and policy. This role is expected to be able
to work independently, with minimal supervision, under the
direction and support of the AVP Fraud Investigations.Essential
- Assists in the assessment and investigation of fraud arising
- Proactively supervises the identification, assessment,
measurement, mitigation and monitoring of fraud and fraud trends
both internally and externally.
- Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of
processes to track, monitor, and report fraudulent activities.
Evaluate results and present insights and best practices to Senior
- Prepares, collects, develops, and retains all documentation in
accordance with State and Federal Regulations.
- Contributes in root cause analysis on internal and external
- Stays abreast of industry news and regulatory
changes/developments pertinent to the industry to facilitate a more
proactive approach to fraud risk identification and
- Identifies control deficiencies related to fraud reviews and
work with management to improve the strength of the control
- Assesses current and new business processes to identify
potential opportunities to enhance processes to identify, educate,
and prevent fraudulent activities.Other Functions:
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assignedRequirements:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent relevant career
- Functional experience - Must have experience (2 years or more)
in one or more of, consumer auto finance, banking, compliance, risk
management, fraud investigation, or internal audit.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Regulations applicable to
industry and job function.
- Fraud/Risk control expertise - Must possess strong knowledge of
fraud and risk management strategies and principles.
- Business experience - Must have experience in a national,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work
with all levels of associates and across all lines of the
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effectively interacts in all modes of communication (verbal and
written) and possesses the ability to develop and build
relationships with associates, business owners, service providers,
and external professional, such as attorneys and law enforcement
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Utilize reference materials proficiently to resolve
- Demonstrable professional integrity and a strong work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.Working Conditions:
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by
management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities as required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to
twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer
screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related
to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate/satellite office roleEmployer's Rights: This job
description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be
asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You
will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks
listed in this job description. The employer has the right to
revise this job description at any time. This job description is
not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may
terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Dallas , Senior Specialist, Claims and Fraud Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!