Patient Registration Financial Counselor - PRN - Flexible to Work ALL Shifts Including Weekends
Posted on: July 1, 2020
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and
discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work
directly with patients or use your talent to support our care,
you'll be part of a team that's providing valuable health services
to Dallas County residents. And here, you'll have the opportunity
to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance
in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a
substantial difference for our patients-and for you. We blend
cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and
hospital system.-- Parkland has earned distinction as one of
America's Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year
since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSEInterviews patients at the time of entry
to advise the patient of the optimal funding program, begin
eligibility determination, and assure that all Parkland patients
are screened and qualified for assistance. Candidates must be able
to Work ALL Shifts Including Weekends.--MINIMUM
- Associates degree preferred.--Experience:
- Must have two years of experience in determining financial
eligibility for government funding, program funding, public funding
or patient assistance programs in a physician or hospital business
- Must have two years of experience working with multiple
computer systems such as patient, registration/accounting system,
document imaging, scanning, proprietary payer websites and data
quality monitoring, both accurately and efficiently.
- Must have two years of experience in patient access, billing,
cash collections, insurance, appointment scheduling
preferred.--Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or
experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) preferred.
- Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) preferred.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR)
preferred.--Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must score 80% on pre-employment spelling test.
- Must be able to interview patients for the purpose of financial
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of personal
computers and other standard office equipment.
- Must demonstrate ability to type 20 words per minute with a
maximum of 3 errors.
- Must have basic knowledge of medical software.
- Must have basic knowledge of public assistance programs and
- Must have knowledge of third party payors and insurance
verification procedures, and understand managed care and insurance
- Must be detail oriented, possess basic mathematical skills, and
have sharp analytical skills to resolve financial issues as they
relate to multiple groups including third party payors, physicians,
patients and the system.
- Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, good verbal and written
communication skills, and be professional in both appearance and
- Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and
multiple tasks simultaneously including instructing and counseling
patients regarding Parkland payment policies and public assistance
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, government entities, insurance companies, and Parkland
- Must be able to solve problems within the guidelines of
established policies and procedures.
- Basic medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete additional job related
training when offered.#WM*WMParkland Health and Hospital System
prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability,
national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , Patient Registration Financial Counselor - PRN - Flexible to Work ALL Shifts Including Weekends, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!