U.S. Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control Capacity and Financial Planning Officer- NA CBORC
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Operational Risk Sr Officer I is a strategic professional
who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for
application within own job and the business. Typically a small
number of people within the business that provide the same level of
expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to
negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed
communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide,
influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other
areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for
significant direct business results or authoritative advice
regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of
responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a
sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues,
including resource management and allocation of work within the
- Define the scope, standards and establish control/monitoring
routines for U.S. CBORC capacity planning and financial management.
Ensure established control/monitoring routines are performed on a
timely basis and that the results are evidenced.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators, implement productivity
initiatives, establish tracking/reporting methods, measure
effectiveness of the strategy and develop executive commentary with
insight on performance, results, and necessary actions.
- In partnership with the Business, coordinate and execute
capacity plan data capture, data analysis to identify data
inconsistencies and development of action plans to address concerns
and discrepancies; monitor actions/progress and keep senior leaders
- Work with Business Managers to ensure clear and timely
reporting of new and emerging capacity and financial risks to
- Prepare and present capacity planning and financial results to
the U.S. Consumer Bank (USCB) and U.S. CBORC leadership teams.
- Liaise with Finance, Risk and Control, PMO, Vendor Management
and other Business Office teams to build and maintain the
appropriate understanding and awareness to business management
- Partner with finance to support cyclical financial planning and
investment prioritization processes for U.S. CBORC.
- Enhance and monitor business management routines and
disciplines for compliance with capacity and financial policies and
- Ensure headcount is accurate and onboarding and termination of
resources is properly forecast within the capacity and financial
- Manage financial control by applying a comprehensive
understanding of the department Profit & Loss (P&L), including
appropriate accruals, client allocations, the impact of
capitalization, recovery and fixed price contracts in order to
improve operational efficiency and productivity.
- Leverage Six Sigma and Lean expertise to drive further insights
and promote continuous process improvements and tool enhancements
that standardize, streamline, automate and increase productivity
through efficiency, reduced cycle time, and lower error rates.
- Prepare process and user-level documentation, provide end-user
training and tool support.
- Perform short and long-term analysis of capacity and financial
plan results to identify trends, make judgements and formulate
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently asses risks and drive actions to address the root
causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all performance issues
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users
and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer
requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in global and/or complex settings with
- 7+ years' experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- 5+ years' experience in program budgeting, expense tracking and
vendor financial management.
- 5+ years Project Management skills.
- Must have strong Resource Management skills.
- Strong team player who can work effectively in a matrix
- Proven ability to work in high-pressure environments.
- Able to adapt quickly to new tools and processes.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and the ability
to create support and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders;
create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal
partners, external constituencies, decision makers and
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Practical and solution-oriented, with a commitment to quality
and attention to detail.
- Detail oriented, with proven ability to question and identify
opportunities within existing processes and business practices by
leveraging previous experiences and knowledge.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with proven
ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent priorities.
- Pragmatic problem-solver and forward thinker with independence
- Knowledge of industry practices, standards and concepts related
to capacity and financial planning.
- Six Sigma, Lean or other relevant quality training is a
- Understanding of automated workflow concepts and mapping.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all
levels of the organization and with external partners and
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology or related work
experience; Finance degree
Family Group: Risk
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi-) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
Keywords: Citi, Dallas , U.S. Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control Capacity and Financial Planning Officer- NA CBORC, Accounting, Auditing , Wilmer, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!