Patient Financial Services Rep (on-Fri 2:30pm - 11:00pm w/rotating weekends)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
passion.Primary PurposePerforms registration duties to include
patient registration, obtaining precertification, obtaining proper
authorizations, insurance verification and preliminary financial
counseling services to ensure Parkland's financial viability at the
most basic level.--Minimum SpecificationsEducation:
- Associate's degree preferred.--Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a hospital or clinical
environment, an insurance company, managed care organization, other
financial service setting, registration, financial counseling,
financial clearance and/or customer service in a health care
- General knowledge of patient access financial counseling
functions in both acute and non-acute settings is a plus.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and insurance
- Ability to work multiple computer systems such as patient,
registration/accounting system, document imaging, scanning,
proprietary payer websites and data quality monitoring, both
accurately and efficiently.
- Prior experience in patient access, billing, cash collections,
insurance, appointment scheduling preferred.
- Knowledge and function and relationships within a hospital
environment.--Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience
to substitute for both the education and the experience
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) preferred.
- Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) preferred.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR)
preferred.--Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers, printers,
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of computer
software, i.e., Word and Excel Knowledge, Hospital
Information/Enterprise Systems, i.e., EPIC.
- Customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to function in a high-level stressful environment
while simultaneously multi-tasking.
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through
oral and written communications.
- Professional approach and appearance.
- Detailed oriented with basic mathematical and analytical
- Must be able to resolve registration issues as they relate to
multiple groups including third party payors, system, patients and
- Knowledge of contract reimbursement, third party payors and
insurance verification preferred.
- Ability to problem solve within the guidelines of established
policies and procedures.
- Medical and insurance terminology.
- Bilingual skills preferred..Parkland Health and Hospital System
prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability,
national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , Patient Financial Services Rep (on-Fri 2:30pm - 11:00pm w/rotating weekends), Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!