Posted on: January 17, 2022
The Company MultiGreen Properties was founded in 2019 to secure
a historic opportunity to create economic growth and be a catalyst
for social impact in supply-constrained markets through the
ground-up construction of high quality, attainable, sustainable and
technology-enabled multifamily properties. Our mission is to be a
Top 25 Owner of newly constructed multifamily units by 2030 and to
be recognized as a global leader in sustainable entry-level
housing. MultiGreen publicly launched with an announcement from
Davos, Switzerland, on January 20, 2020, at the 50th Annual World
Economic Forum. Imagine: building attainable green living that
connects neighbors and impacts investors. Join us in building
40,000 Workforce Plus--- multifamily homes by 2030. With your
participation, we can exceed this goal. For more information on
MultiGreen Properties, please visit The PositionThe Corporate
Controller is a senior finance and accounting professional within
the organization, reporting to the Head of Operations. This person
will work across departments to facilitate best practices and
cooperation with Development, Acquisitions, Operations, and Client
Services. Timely internal financial reporting, cash management,
corporate budgeting, treasury, and financial planning and analysis
are key duties. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated
finance and accounting professional, who is a self-starter with
strong time management skills, and who can thrive in an
entrepreneurial start-up environment where versatility, creative
thinking, and focus on execution are highly valued. MultiGreen is
working remotely through the Microsoft Teams environment during
COVID-19. Post-pandemic, the Controller will be expected to work
from one of MultiGreen's 3 locations: New York, NY, Henderson, NV,
or Dallas, TX. Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day?US GAAP and Tax basis ledgers while
coordinating and managing the Company's third-party accounting
- Review and approve all transactions prior to posting, including
development, corporate and investor transactions.
- Review and approve monthly equity distribution and construction
loan draw requests from Development partners. Interact directly
with the local developers and general contractors to understand the
project Job Costs incurred, recasting forecasts, and identifying
issues in contingencies and allowances before they become
- Manage treasury and payment functions, including weekly cash
reconciliations, debt and working capital management, and the
approval of cash disbursement activities.
- Strategic budgeting and cash forecasting for all development
projects and corporate operations.
- Track business activity and variances from projections by
maintaining monthly and quarterly budget with detailed
- Lead month-end closing process, including reconciliations, and
reporting at the corporate, investor and real estate development
- Prepare monthly reporting, internal financial management
analyses, and Board of Director reporting packages.
- Prepare annual financial statements for Corporate and
Development entities, including footnote disclosures.
- Serve as liaison to the external audit team for year-end
financial audits of MultiGreen Properties and development
- Perform technical accounting analyses and prepare accounting
conclusion memos. Areas of focus will be consolidation, including
evaluations under the variable interest entity model, revenue
recognition, and continuous announcement of new
- Assist the Client Services and Acquisitions departments in the
preparation of materials used in future capital raising
- Work directly with the Head of Operations to lead the build-out
and document a robust framework for processes, systems, and
internal controls over accounting, financial reporting, treasury
and financial planning and analysis.
- Maintain the equity capitalization table for all legal entities
- Assist tax advisory professionals in the completion of
quarterly and annual tax payments and reporting.
- Oversee the vendor approval and onboarding process.
- Manage third party provider work for HR and Payroll.
- Assist with the design of IT system integrations, including the
set-up and implementation of new modules and data capture within
the Yardi suite.
- Contribute to the Company's ambitious ESG & Sustainability
reporting initiative, including working with consultants to design
and implement data collection, key metrics identification and
calculation, and the structuring and preparation of reporting
within the parameters of established ESG/Sustainability
frameworks.? Candidate Qualifications and ExperienceThe candidate
should have a minimum of 7 years of experience in real estate,
development, and/or income property accounting. A bachelor's degree
is required, preferably in Accounting. A CPA designation is
required. Required Skills
- Progressive US GAAP and historical cost and fair value
accounting experience, ideally in a multifamily operation,
development, and construction environment.
- Strong knowledge of development Job Cost policies and
- Strong knowledge of investor reporting.
- Firm understanding of the drivers of real estate investment at
the property and corporate levels.
- Knowledge of real estate revenue recognition, carried interest
and deferred fees, consolidation analysis, including variable
interest entity models, project reimbursements, budgeting and
forecasting, income taxes, and financial reporting.
- Familiarity with real estate and enterprise valuations.
- Experience in the documentation and compliance with Internal
Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Comfortable using real estate business software including
accounting applications. Prior Yardi Voyager and Procore experience
- Ability to manage a team of accounting professionals Preferred
- Mastery of Yardi Voyager is highly regarded.
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel are required.
- Fluency in the Microsoft 360 environment as well as the suite
of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in documenting internal controls over significant
classes of transactions, including process narratives, risk-control
matrices, and charting flows of transactions.
- Ability to understand, contribute and support the financial
management portions of Procore and BIM 360
- Experience with ADP or other payroll management systems An
extensive background search will be required. Successful applicants
will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the
Keywords: MultiGreen, Dallas , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!