Tax Staff I
Company: Lane Gorman Trubitt, LLC
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary of Responsibilities:Responsible for
organizing and coordinating clients' tax data for the accurate,
timely completion of individual tax returns and simple-to
moderately-complex corporate, partnership, S-Corp, and trust tax
returns. Staff II accountants typically have a minimum of one year
of public accounting experience in a Tax department.Essential
- Review tax information submitted by client for
- Analyze and summarize tax information into work papers.
- Prepare individual, trust, corporate, partnership, and S-Corp
income tax returns as well as state income tax returns not
requiring advanced experience.
- Prepare amended returns of any variety and complexity.
- Prepare personal tax projections through utilization of
- Respond to tax notices of any sort and does initial drafts of
any letters required.
- Perform tax research projects requiring minimal expertise.
- Complete S-Corp election and requests for accounting changes,
- Make adjusting and/or federal entries and complete trial
balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Maintain a good understanding of depreciation and depreciation
computer software package in order to set up clients and read and
understand depreciation reports.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned. Required
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors or Master's degree with an emphasis in
- Acquired or currently pursuing 150 hours of college
credit/qualifications in accounting in order to sit for the Uniform
- Minimum of 20 hours of continuing professional education is
required each year to maintain and develop technical and business
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of tax research sources (i.e. BNA and RIA
- Ability to follow instructions with regard to handling various
tax issues and conducting the appropriate research.
- Ability to communicate clear, correct and concise English in
verbal and written form.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with
clients, taxing authorities, partners and peers.
- Ability to dedicate time to professional reading in order to
remain current with tax laws.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator and other general
- Ability to communicate with supervisor in order to prioritize
work load within budget.
- Ability to keep supervisors apprised of progress and problems
and review timely to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with client matters by not
disclosing information to auxiliary personnel.
- Ability to maintain a professional presence while at the
client's office and keep firm matters confidential.
- Current knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010.
- Interpersonal skills applicable to client environment.
- Ability to dedicate time to becoming involved in Young
Professional Group activities.
- Ability to dedicate time to recruiting efforts and office firm
- Occasional in-town travel to seminars, meetings and client's
offices using personal vehicle.
- Overtime work required throughout the year based on various tax
filing deadlines. Heavy overtime work required from mid-January to
April 15; may be in excess of 50 hours per week.
- Full-time compensation based on 2300 total hours annually.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Lane Gorman Trubitt, LLC, Dallas , Tax Staff I, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!