Risk Analyst Senior (Enterprise Risk Appetite and Key Risk Indicator programs) (Hybrid)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of Job Provides risk management support for a line of
business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement,
monitoring, control and reporting, and the understanding and
management of risk through appropriate practices and processes.
Assess and oversee enterprise and business exposures including key
and emerging risks. Monitors the risk and control environment and
provides effective challenge to internal and external stakeholders
to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Escalates
and reports risks to the appropriate governance bodies.
This role is offered hybrid from Plano TX, San Antonio TX, or
Charlotte NC. Job Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means
to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify,
assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks
associated with new or modified products, services, distribution
channels, regulations and third-party operations using advanced
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance
committees, business process owners and various levels of
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and
solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks
according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and
methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the
enterprise including the evaluation of results and framing of
contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience
in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance,
financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or
other related operational area; Or advanced degree/designation in
Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to
risk management and 4 years of work experience in a discipline
relevant to risk management.
- Risk management experience in a complex institution and/or
highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and
ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and
influence business outcomes.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external
partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include
demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
and PowerPoint. Preferred Experience:
- Risk management/Risk metrics experience in a complex
institution and or highly matrixed environment related to life
insurance or financial services
- Ability to present to and interact often with audit and
- Excellent report-writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing complex processes to include process
engineering or program management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive
issues to management
- Critical and strategic thinking ability and understanding of
risk management principles
- Proficient analytical skills with an aptitude for quantitative
analysis Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $88,200 - $158,900 (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis
for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Dallas , Risk Analyst Senior (Enterprise Risk Appetite and Key Risk Indicator programs) (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!