Director Of Finance
Company: The Stoneleigh Dallas
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel,
safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI
Hotels and Resorts Standards.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
- Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or
requested by General Manager and Corporate Office.
- Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide
accurate policy interpretations.
- Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff
- Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and
other financial data.
- Support and comply with property standards and Corporate
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit
- Effective use of the Controller's Checklist.
- Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports
for each period.
- Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
- Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements,
covenants, and restrictions.
- Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing
with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
- Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the
annual operating budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget
according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
- Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI
- Complete entries required for preparation of the financial
statements. Review statements for inaccurate data and make
corrections within the following period.
- Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of
current and potential financial problems.
- Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment
throughout the period.
- Coordinate the property's labor management system.
- Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to
standards regarding the average collection period.
- Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property
- Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local
- Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
- Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as
- Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper
credit extensions prior to arrival.
- Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related
to credit sales.
- Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management
responsibilities to maximize receivable realizations.
Responses to Corporate Staff
- Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI
Corporate offices. Establish other reports or documents, outside of
SOP's as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
- Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
- Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts
using proper accrual methods and expense realization logic.
- Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset
categories and compare to standards (linen, gift shop, food,
beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
- Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances
according to established realistic pars.
- Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
- Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for
- Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages
paid (increases and timing).
- Establish an effective cross training program within the
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Our uptown Dallas hotel blends sophisticated, modern luxury with a
rich history embedded in the European heritage of Le Meridien and
the 1920's origin of the Stoneleigh Hotel. Situated in the heart of
a bustling city, our boutique-style urban hotel features art deco
decor, Perle on Maple restaurant and adjoining bar. This historic
uptown hotel provides a great work environment where we embrace
family, growth and excitement. There is something new to learn and
see every day. Come join our team!Don't meet every single
requirement of this job? Studies have shown that women and people
of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every
single qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse
and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role but
your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in
the job description, we encourage you to still send in your
information. You may be the perfect candidate for this or for other
roles within our organization!We value U.S. military experience and
invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: The Stoneleigh Dallas, Dallas , Director Of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!