IT Project Manager
Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
OpportunityThe IT Project Manager reports to the KTX Director, IT
Strategic Projects. The IT Project Manager is responsible for
scoping, planning, resourcing and executing technology projects to
ensure they are completed within scope, schedule and budget. The
Project Manager plans and directs approved projects aligned with
KIPP Texas' goals and vision.Key Responsibilities Functional
- Manages multiple assigned IT projects designed to meet one or
more organizational strategic goals.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop the scope, objectives
and timelines of IT related projects.
- Plans and identifies project resources needed to reach
objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient
- Prepares project budgets based on scope of work and resource
- Develops and manages detailed project plans and schedules
including key milestones and deliverables; initiates actions to
address issues, mitigate risks and make other necessary adjustments
- Monitors and reports on project progress and keeps IT
management and stakeholders informed of project status, risks,
pivots, and progress.
- Executes on statements of work with selected vendors and
suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected
- Utilizes established project management methodologies to
design, plan, implement, and achieve project objectives throughout
entire project execution.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to promote organizational
readiness for project related change
- Acts as the primary escalation point for all IT projects for
Information Technology personnel.
- Performs audits of IT projects, completes after action reports,
and makes improvement recommendations based on findings.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging IT project management
trends and best practices and recommends changes and improvements
to improve project performance.
- Manages changes to scope and schedule through established
change management processes.
- Provides input to IT strategic plans, annual budgets and
technology roadmaps. Service Delivery
- Adheres to IT Project Management standards and maintains a high
level of performance against project management Service Level
Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics;
updates and maintains supporting IT project dashboards and
- Implements approved project management improvement plans
resulting from investigations, reports and root cause
- Provides project management focused perspective to projects and
initiatives development and implementation.
- Measures project performance to identify and recommend areas
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
manage multiple competing projects and priorities.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills with a detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work
well in a collaborative cross functional environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to
clearly communicate complex technical concepts and issues to both
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to scope, budget
- Bachelor's degree (or 5+ years of relevant work experience) in
Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in an IT Project
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools,
methodologies (predictive, agile, hybrid), and best practices.
- Experience managing projects through the full life cycle.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Alignment with KIPP Texas' mission and core values.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
certification is a plus.
- Experience working in a school district, CMO, non-profit or
government agency is a plus.Additional InformationCompensation and
Benefits:In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP
Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an
$0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP
provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings
Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as
Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance,
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Dallas , IT Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!