Director of Accounting
Company: Brewer Morris
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Responsible for developing/sustaining/improving department
processes to provide assurance that facility level financial
statements are fairly and accurately stated.
- Establishes effective procedures to monitor results and
adherence to internal controls for assigned facilities and assigned
facilities of staff members. Develops actionable, comprehensive
programs to fulfill objectives of the department and the
- Embraces, implements, and oversees all development of staff to
include career pathing, performance management, mentoring,
- Ability to source, select, develop, promote, and retain top
- Facilitate the completion of monthly closing procedures,
including roll forwards and reconciliations.
- Oversee and prepare / distribute monthly and quarterly
financial reporting packages.
- Provide quarterly budget-to-actual comparisons to department
- Collect support and interact with external auditors on complex
- Actively participate/manage the yearly budgeting process,
providing guidance to staff and their facilities as
- Performing tasks of Director assigned facilities (1-2
facilities) including but not limited Record all of the month-end
journal entries for assigned facilities.
- Perform financial statement variance analysis to ensure the
facility-level financial statements are properly stated.
- Act as a resource for facility contacts, internal departments,
as well as USPI management, to assist in providing/explaining
financial statement information.
- Perform monthly/quarterly cash flow analysis to support
- Perform facility valuations.
- Perform all month-end balance sheet reconciliations (including
bank reconciliations) for the facilities in which they are
- Provide supporting documentation to internal and external
- Assist with special projects and various ad-hoc requests from
customers (Administrators, RVPs, MPs, etc.).
- 10+ years of significant professional finance experience with
five years of supervisory experience.
- BS in Finance or Accounting required. CPA and/or MBA highly
- Takes ownership and pride in his/her work and enjoys learning
- Written and oral communications including Sr. Management
presentations are impeccably clear, concise, and timely, when
analyzing complex organizational issues and challenges.
- Is extremely proficient in Excel, knowledgeable in other Office
applications, and Oracle GL experience a plus (but not a
- Has the capacity / ability to multi-task to meet needs of
customers, direct reports, and external partners.
- Strong work ethic, independence, and dependability, and expects
same from staff.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in
relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Brewer Morris, Dallas , Director of Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...