Senior Accountant - Real Estate
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Competitive salary, great culture, career growthThis Jobot Job
is hosted by: Dylan CurrierAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary:
$60,000 - $100,000 per yearA bit about us:We are an international
real estate firm (commercial) with properties all over the world.
We have won several awards for our properties and have been in
business for over 20 years. We have an established leadership team
that strongly believes in promoting from within.Why join us?We
offer all of our employees the following:
- 401k match
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Competitive salaryJob DetailsJob Details:As a Senior Accountant
in the Real Estate Mortgage industry, you will play a pivotal role
in our financial team, working directly with our CFO and other
senior leadership. This role involves overseeing general accounting
operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
You will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank
statements, maintaining general ledger, and preparing month-end
close procedures. Your skill set will ensure the company's
financial security, preparing us for sustained growth and
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including
but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general
ledger, and taxes
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls,
SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management
reporting data for federal funders, investors, and company's board
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly
and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate, develop, and guide the financial team with the
- Analyze the company's financial results with respect to
profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular
status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to
support company growth needs.
- Develop and coordinate relationships with lending/financial
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and
systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring
that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior accounting or
financial management role with the real estate and mortgage
- Proven proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and
all pertinent GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including
- Experience with computerized ledger systems.
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best
practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles
such as financial analyst.
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with less
experienced accountants and non-financial audience.
- Analytical skills for reviewing costs and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well
through ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and
documentation.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Dallas , Senior Accountant - Real Estate, Accounting, Auditing , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!