Billing Representative - Irving, TX
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by
technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The
work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by
connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and
resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a
culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers,
comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come
make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance
health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring.
Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week), Monday - Friday.
Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:00 AM
- 3:30 PM CST. Our office is located at 909 Hidden Ridge, Irving,
We offer weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be
based off their schedule.
- Responsible for overseeing the claims volume in the work
- Better understanding of the claim edits in the work
- Efficiently working the edits to resolve the issue by touching
the claim once
- Effectively manage the flow of the claim by assigning them to
the correct work queue
- Printing claims
- Coordinate amongst team members if needed for follow -
- Validating all the errors are resolved
- Resolving clearing house edits and rejections
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.Required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of healthcare billing experience
- 1+ years of office experience with using phones and computers
as the primary job tools
- Intermediate proficiency with using Windows personal computer
applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple
programs and learn new applications
- Ability to work onsite in Irving, TX
- Ability to work any shift between the hours of 7:00 AM - 3:30
PM CST from Monday - Friday
- Experience in Epic OR other common practice software
- Experience in working with ambulatory physician coding and
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology and application of
ICD - 10, CPT, HCPCS, and modifiers
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location,
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Dallas , Billing Representative - Irving, TX, Accounting, Auditing , Hurst, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!