Executive Editor - PCMag
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Executive Editor, Features & Special Projects, PCMagHave a
passion for technology, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and an
ever-expanding trove of story ideas? Know exactly how (and when) to
tell the right story and package it in the most compelling way? Can
you write killer headlines and decks in your sleep? Are you
fanatical about organization, details, and data? Can you inspire a
team of writers and editors? These skills could land you a key
leadership role at the largest technology reviews and buying advice
site.PCMag, a division of Ziff Davis Technology is looking for an
experienced, enthusiastic editor and leader to expand our coverage
and take on special projects including building new editorial
franchises and tentpole features. From short, daily trend pieces
and our monthly reader-surveys to deep dives and smart, unique
data-based stories and series, you'll shape a dynamic world of
content to complement our top-notch technology buying advice and
- You'll manage a team of staff and freelance writers who create
a mix of shorter stories around trending news and events, update
and create new evergreen service journalism pieces, and write
longer-form stories including original research and data. Mostly
you'll be assigning and editing, but sometimes you'll write those
- You'll work with writers to create new data-based feature and
franchise ideas that leverage our own testing and survey results as
well as those of data partners to tell richer stories. Experience
with data journalism is a strong plus.
- You'll create, maintain, and continually evolve our editorial
calendar and run weekly editors' meetings to align and optimize
coverage opportunities across teams.
- You'll play a key part in our daily morning news meeting,
helping to inform the most important stories of the day, using data
in your coverage decisions.
- You will be a prime driver in our daily and long-term coverage
plans, so you need to know what's now in consumer technology,
what's next, and what's beyond that.
- You'll mentor and coach the team by providing continual
feedback and encouraging professional development.
- You should be performance driven; you'll work with our audience
development team to help reach growth goals by creating unique,
pitchable stories that not only resonate, but help elevate our
- You should have a firm grasp on the business side of media;
you'll be collaborating with our sales and marketing teams to
create coverage that not only delights our audience but creates new
revenue opportunities. -Qualifications:
- A strong work ethic, a quick wit, and a sense of humor
- At least 7 years of editing and team leadership experience at a
major publication (preferably with a technology focus)
- The ability to write and edit clearly and quickly. Your strict
attention to detail, intimate knowledge of grammar and style, and
quick ability to make rough copy shine are given.
- Strong editorial judgment along with proven headline writing
and story packaging chops
- Top-notch organizational, project management, and cat-herding
- An intimate understanding of SEO
- Experience formulating winning content strategies using
audience data from popular analytics tools.
- You should also be comfortable using a CMS, image editing, and
data visualization programs.
- A wide stable of talented and reliable freelance writers and/or
data partners is a huge plus.
- We're located in New York City and are willing to accept
applications from both local and remote candidates, but you must be
able to work our core hours of 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM ET
- Your submission will not be accepted without a cover letter.
The salary range for this position is $115,000 to $125,000. -***In
terms of logistics, all interviews will take place over phone or
video due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic***Who we
are:Spiceworks Ziff Davis (SWZD) powers Authentic Connections---
for B2B tech vendors with insights and solutions that enable them
to navigate a complex buying journey. We leverage a unique
combination of first-party and third-party intent with firmographic
and technographic data for unmatched visibility and valuable
context into evolving buyer needs. Our key competitive advantage is
in our owned and operated network of Community, Tools, Apps,
Content, Research and Demand Gen brands. A division of Ziff Davis
(NASDAQ: ZD), SWZD is a global leader in intent-backed, full-funnel
marketing solutions that fuel pipeline and revenue growth for B2B
sales and marketing organizations.
Keywords: Spiceworks, Dallas , Executive Editor - PCMag, Advertising , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!