RN Clinical Educator - Emergency - Nursing Education
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2021
William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital Engineered to be at
the vanguard of patient-centric care, the 460-bed William P.
Clements Jr. University Hospital was recognized as a Top Performer
by The Joint Commission in its first full year of operation.
Clements University Hospital offers patients and medical personnel
world-class facilities and technologies, and it is already
undergoing an expansion, set to debut in fall 2020, that will
provide 19 more operating rooms, additional emergency medicine
capacity, and 291 more beds.
Experience and Education
- Masters Degree in Nursing Education from an ACEN or CCNE
accredited nursing program.
- Valid RN Texas licensure or compact
- A current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course
accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- 5 years experience in the health care field.(Emergency
- Nurse Education experience.
- Preferably a hospital setting. Job Duties
- Facilitate initial and ongoing competency process for the
assigned department. Establish plans for their educational needs
and follow up as needed.
- In conjunction with the managers, directors, and clinical
leaders, assess, develop, and implement immediate and future
learning needs of the unit/department/organization.
- Models behaviors that reflect life long learning at the
local/national level: welcoming students/instructors and identify
resources for them, coach staff through clinical advancement
processes, fostering the use of evidence-based practice.
- Serves as a resource to clinical leaders by identifying
educational needs of staff, as they relate to changes in service,
equipment, or technique
- Implements programs to meet educational needs, which may
include identifying available internal and external resources
- Fosters competence and professional growth of staff by
facilitating the adoption of practice and policy changes and
serving as a role model for interdisciplinary care and education of
the patient and family.
- Provides an appropriate environment for learning. Facilitates
adult learning principles by planning and presenting educational
activities in a variety of styles.
- Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted
areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual
Hospital performance improvement targets. Security
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education
Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal
history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. In accordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including
harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national
origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic
information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In
addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination
on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender
Associated topics: care, care unit, hospice, infusion, intensive
care, nurse, surgery, tcu, transitional, unit
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , RN Clinical Educator - Emergency - Nursing Education, Education / Teaching , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!