Teacher, Construction (195 Days)
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of
the district's curriculum program and show written evidence
preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and
- Structure a physical classroom conductive to learning.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior.
- Establish a system of students evaluation within the guidelines
prescribed in state law or adopted by the school.
- Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students'
progress and report to parents as needed and required.
- Teach within the course of study for the subject area at the
grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school
- Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives
and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a
variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best
utilize available time for instruction.
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional
staff members in assessing and helping students resolve health,
attitude, and learning problems.
- Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational
programs to the community through such activities as open house and
- Plan and coordinate the work of aides and other
paraprofessional and student teachers (when applicable).
- Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the
system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance w the
district's uniform guidelines for evaluation and
- Keep accurate records of student information; compile,
maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents
required by the school and district.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel
throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working
environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for
campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and
punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at
the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; or an
associate degree for some CTE trade areas with work appropriate
experience in the field, as designated by the Texas Education
- Valid CTE Texas teaching certification with required
endorsements for subject and subject level assigned: Secondary
Industrial Arts, Grades 6-12; Secondary Industrial Technology,
Grades 6-12; Technology Education, Grades 6-12; or Trade and
- Three or more years of industry work experience, at a minimum
journeyman or technician level in carpentry, electrical, plumbing
or HVAC is preferred.
- Have completed or be willing to complete the Instructor
Certification Training Program led by an NCCER Master
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and
procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with
little or no previous experience.
- Present CTE subject matter according to guidelines established
by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee Policies, and
- Structure a physical classroom conductive learning.
Keywords: Dallas Independent School District, Dallas , Teacher, Construction (195 Days), Education / Teaching , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!