6-8th Science Teacher
Company: Education Service Center Region 11 Consortium
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Professional/Certified - Secondary - Science - Middle School
Job Number 0000733705
Open Date 04/04/2022
To provide science instruction to identified students in the Title
I program by developing or modifying curricula and preparing
lessons and other instructional materials to increase academic
Current Valid Texas State Certification
Meets highly Qualified Status
Knowledge of the teaching of Science at the upper elementary and
Knowledge of various types of assessments and how to align
assessment to science TEKS.
Knowledge of various differentiation strategies such as cooperative
learning, integrated instruction, learning styles, brain-based
Knowledge of and ability to meet the needs of at-risk learners.
Knowledge of appropriate integration of science programs.
At least one year student teaching or approved internship.
- Ability to work on and enhance a team.
- Ability to use Windows-based computer and office software
package, specifically PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Instructional Strategies
- Provide Instruction for the following federally-approved
- Researched-based science programs and strategies.
- Tutorials as required.
- Individualized instruction.
- Small- group Instruction.
- Extended learning opportunities.
- Computer-aided Instruction.
- Support parental involvement strategies including parent
conferences and frequent home communication.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the
requirements of district's curriculum program and the Title I
goals, objectives and planned activities included in the
Consolidated Application for Federal Funding.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
TEA, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of
the learning styles and need of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment for diagnostic and progress monitoring
- Work cooperatively with other teachers to meet needs of
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
2. Student Growth and Development
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits
- Consistently assess student achievement through formal and
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as
assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
- Present a positive role model for students that supports the
mission of the school district.
3. Classroom Management and Organization
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and administer
discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations,
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with
students and their parents.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues,
students, parents and community members.
- Use acceptable communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
5. Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in the district staff development program.
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school
regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Principal or
Director of Special and Federal Programs.
Computer, Multimedia Equipment, and Audiovisual Equipment
Mental Demands/physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Simultaneously managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Organizing work for many different student groups.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Moving small stacks of books, media equipment, desks, and other
- Collaborating working on a team.
Job Description View Attachment
Keywords: Education Service Center Region 11 Consortium, Dallas , 6-8th Science Teacher, Education / Teaching , Duncanville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!