Academic Instructor (Teacher)
Company: Management & Training Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
You can have influence in someones life! This position is to
provide academic instruction to offenders in accordance with
approved curricula in compliance with Management & Training
Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Plan and conduct classes for offenders in Adult Basic Education
(ABE) and General Education Development (GED), reading skills
development, language skills development, writing skills, math,
language arts, literature, science, social studies, special
education curriculum and other subjects selected to correspond with
the ability and limitations of the class.
- Prepare special teaching plans, courses, activities and
learning experiences appropriate for the specific offenders
assigned with written curricula coordinated with the Secretarys
Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) competencies and
- Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials
individualized to the specific need of the offender.
- Administer individual educational tests and learning aptitude
tests and use other results for prescriptive instruction.
- Assess and document offenders academic performance and provide
feedback to offenders.
- Participate in staff conferences in an endeavor to develop and
improve educational programs.
- Coordinate activities and classes in conjunction with
appropriate school districts or other parties.
- Develop program and related educational materials as necessary
for the establishment and maintenance of assigned classes.
- Adjust material and curriculum to the individual differences of
the offenders assigned.
- Confer with offenders and instructors to evaluate results of
- Promote the development of positive social skills through
modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate
behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding
social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to
safety practices.It is expected that the incumbent shall perform
other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined
by management.Education and Experience Requirements:Bachelors
degree from a college or university accredited by an organization
recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
or United States Department of Education (USDE) and State Board for
Educator Certification (SBEC) certificate for area of assignment
required. Elementary and/or Secondary level certifications in core
subject area. A valid drivers license in the state of Texas with an
acceptable driving record required, unless waived by
management.Post Hire Requirements:Must successfully complete annual
in-service training requirements and pass an annual background
check.Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Dallas , Academic Instructor (Teacher), Education / Teaching , Venus, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!