Certified Special Education Teacher (23-24)
Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.Job DescriptionEvery member of the Team &
Family at KIPP Texas Public Schools plays a critical role in
ensuring our students have the skills and confidence to pursue the
paths they choose - college, career and beyond. Our educators are
passionate advocates for their students and their families, working
tirelessly to ensure that our students have access to opportunity.
In our classrooms and across the KIPP family we embrace, honor and
celebrate our differences across several characteristics that
construct our unique identities in our little and big KIPPsters. We
are especially committed to attracting and developing individuals
who share the life experiences of our students because we believe
the best work we do is grounded in the realities and experiences of
our families and KIPPsters. As a Teacher, you will deliver
exceptional instruction and assess student growth. You are
dedicated to constant learning and proactively provide academic and
cultural support to your school and team.As a KIPP Texas Public
Schools Special Education Teacher, your core responsibilities
include: Instructional Delivery and Assessment:
- Provide modifications and accommodations as stated on the
- Write IEPs with appropriate data on student performance for all
students on caseload.
- Facilitate ARD meetings for students on their caseloads.
- Seek out present levels of performance from general education
teachers and related service providers.
- Instructionally plan and teach in deficit areas (reading,
writing, math); provide optimal learning environment for students
with special needs.
- Provide support to general education teachers with
modifications and accommodations and ensure services are being
provided in the classroom setting.
- Provide testing accommodations as needed in a one-on-one or
small group setting.
- Collaborate and determine a strategy with general education
teachers on ways to help service students in the general education
- Ensure service minutes in IEP are met.
- Document all collaboration/consultative meetings.
- Progress monitor goals and objectives for students on their
- Document Parent Contact and Service Minutes into eSPED.
- Document Behavior and Restraint into eSPED.
- Other duties as specified by school leadership teams. Academic
and Cultural Support:
- Collaborate with content and grade-level teams to promote an
environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with students and
families based on trust and respect.
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as
morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Attend critical school events such as staff meetings, open
houses, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Develop individualized learning plans for students and
communicate these plans to families in parent meetings and
- Meet professional obligations including timeliness and
consistency in meeting deadlines.Qualifications Skills and
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
- Demonstrated knowledge of core subject area assigned
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and/or
subject area of assignment, if applicable*: Special Education
certification for applicable grade level required for all Special
Education teacher assignments.
- Must be considered highly-qualified based on NCLB guidelines,
- Satisfactory outcome of a background check. Employees are
responsible for a non-refundable fingerprinting fee (approximately
$50.00).*A valid Texas Teacher's certificate is required for all
Pre-K4 and Special Education teaching positions. Proof of licensure
will be required prior to starting employment. For more information
about obtaining certification click here . Competencies:
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Texas mission, students,
families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success,
primarily with students in educationally underserved
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and
commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a
teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet
the needs of KIPP Texas studentsAdditional InformationKIPP provides
equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As
an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to
race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Compensation & Benefits As a full time KIPP Texas employee you are
eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP
Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive
rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, as well as
life insurance and disability plans. Additional Compensation
Elements The Teacher Career Pathway (TCP) at KIPP Texas celebrates
individual teacher impact with students, peers, and the school
community, and rewards this impact with up to $15,000 in additional
annual compensation.\nKIPP Texas Public Schools is a TEA Teacher
Incentive Allotment approved district! Eligible and qualifying
teachers can earn up to an additional $32,000 a year.
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Dallas , Certified Special Education Teacher (23-24), Education / Teaching , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!