RAN Virtualization OAMP/OSS Engineer
Company: Further Enterprise Solutions (FES)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
FES- Further Enterprise Solutions () a leading provider of
engineering services, turnkey solutions, and software solutions.
Founded in 2002 by wireless industry veterans, FES has rapidly
grown to become a leading provider of innovative solutions to
leading telecommunications providers and equipment manufacturers.
FES is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with branch offices
through the U.S. and Canada to ensure a rapid response and face to
face contact with our clients and staff.
We are looking for a RAN Virtualization & OAMP Engineer to join our
Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject
matter expert in a multifunctional team of R&D, Systems
engineering, and product validation to introduce products to
Job Title: RAN Virtualization & OAMP/OSS Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX.
Duration: Full time.
Education: Bachelor's degree in EE/CS/TE is required. Master's
degree is preferred.
Additional notes: Looking for candidates who can start within 2
weeks of offer
Must have/ years:
- OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design, development, and support in
wireless networks. (min, of 4-5 years of experience)
- NMS/EMS --> Network/ Element Management System. (min, of 4-5
years of experience)
- Virtualization specifically NFV- Network Function
Virtualization. (min. of 1 year experience)
Will need to be work onsite once the office opens. Highly prefer
candidates who are local.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include:
- OAMP/FCAPS subsystem integration and troubleshooting in
- Tier3 SME experience - Work under pressure to drive support
teams to troubleshoot commercial NMS/EMS application issues,
propose workarounds, and work with R&D to provide the RCA (Root
Cause Analysis) to the customer.
- Assist SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) with development of
product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance
- Work with the team to conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new
technology introduction of 4G/5G RAN Network Management features
and introduction of virtualized networks .
- Assist SMEs with analysis of the customer requirements,
converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail
design for the development team.
- Assist SMEs Technical Management of new products and SW
releases to ensure that promised features are delivered with
expected performance .
- Provides technical support in the pre-sales process and creates
compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help
achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design
considerations between the sales team and carriers' network
- Works closely with various support organizations and cross-
functional teams from SEA and R&D to achieve successful new
product roll-outs and developments.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
- Key contributor in driving the technical solutions to customer
through complex organizational dynamics.
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all
levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives.
Excellence dealing with ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to
navigate complex organizations with pivotal shift.
Background & Competencies Required:
- Minimum 5 years of OAMP/FCAPS/OSS knowledge/experience for
EMS/NMS and RAN network elements.
- Minimum 1 year of EMS/NMS and RAN (vCU/vDU) Network Function
Virtualization (NFV) experience.
- Bachelor's degree in EE/CS/TE is required. Master's degree is
- Must have experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and
development in wireless networks.
- Must have experience authoring and implementing EMS/NMS/NE SW
upgrade MOPs in commercial networks.
- Must have Tier3 SME experience - Work under pressure to drive
support teams to troubleshoot commercial NMS/EMS application
issues, propose workarounds, work with R&D to provide the RCA
(Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
- Understanding of Automation & Orchestration frameworks is
preferred (knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA,
- Must have understanding of EMS applications, TR-069, Netconf
protocol, YANG models & Restful APIs.
- Fundamental understanding of Openstack/Kubernetes is
- Understanding of virtual switches, network connections, Virtual
port types (ie: SR-IOV, VirtIO), Security Groups, VLANs and in
configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI is preferred.
- Experience in performance measurement & tuning of
VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of
servers resources between virtual machines is preferred.
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks,
architecture and protocols is preferred.
- Understanding of hardware and software architecture is a
- Must have hands-on experience with high availability and
- Experience on system engineering projects to include technical
requirements identification, technical solutions to address
customer requirements with details to design /deploy / manage their
infrastructure is preferred.
- Must have troubleshooting experience using command-line tools
- Must have experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS
- Must have experience with Unix/Linux, scripting tools like
PERL, TCL, shell.
- Experience with Web based development including JVM, J2EE,
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Further Enterprise Solutions (FES), Dallas , RAN Virtualization OAMP/OSS Engineer, Engineering , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!