Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX)
Company: Lockheed Martin
Posted on: November 23, 2021
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees,
families and communities. With employee health and safety as our
top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is
taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID
variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments
to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID
Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly
hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully
vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Guidance & Control
Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX working with advanced
- Designs, develops, implements, verifies and tests algorithms to
perform guidance, navigation and control of aircraft, spacecraft,
launch vehicles and upper stages during powered and coast phases of
flight, earth orbit, interplanetary cruise and orbital insertion,
as well as during staging events.
- Navigation functions include the statistical processing of
measured data points and their substitution into algorithms
simulating physical reality.
- Guidance functions include the formulation of specific equations
and control laws to achieve a desired position in space.
- Control design and analyses processes consist of the development
of the control requirements for aircraft, launch vehicles and/or
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Grand Prairie is part of the -Mid-Cities- region in the Dallas-Fort
Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas.
Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region
offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a
pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great
place to live and to raise a family.
- Must currently posses a SECRET security clearance.
- Willingness to commit to long term position and desire to
progress to higher levels of responsibility.
Experience with the following:
- Developing algorithms for fire control or missile systems.
- Data analysis of simulation, lab test, and flight test data to
verify correct operation of ground system/fire control functions
- MATLAB or similar Mathematical Computation platform.
- The fundamentals of fire control system concepts.
- Computer environments and languages, to include FORTRAN, Ada,
UNIX and/or C++.
- Modular software architectures.
- Ground system/fire control theory and operation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast
team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Dallas , Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX), Engineering , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!