AWS Cloud Security Engineer - Sr Level (*REMOTE Option)
Location: Pilot Point
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobThe CTOC is USAA's equivalent to a Security
Operations Center (SOC). The CTOC exists to detect, analyze, and
respond to cyber security events. The CTOC is comprised of several
teams, all reporting to the AVP of IS Engineering & Cybersecurity.
These teams are individual units that partner as needed to provide
centralized and coordinated response activities.
We are seeking a versatile AWS Cloud Security Engineer - Sr Level
to join our Public Cloud Security team.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
manager. This position may also have the option of working 100%
remotely in the U.S.
This job profile is designated as a Sensitive Position. Sensitive
Positions are those positions in which individuals have the
authority and ability to conduct in-scope activities (movement of
USAA or Member funds) as defined within the Enterprise Sensitive
Positions Mandatory Time-Away Compliance Policy. Employees in
Sensitive Positions are required to fulfill a Mandatory Time-Away
(MTA) requirement of 10 consecutive business days each calendar
year.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve.
We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Job Responsibilities:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads peers and junior team members in the execution of
Information Security domain activities while anticipating efforts
that will affect their team.
- Researches and analyzes the latest capabilities of specific
Information Security (e.g. Cloud services, encryption, PKI etc.)
and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks, storage,
- Develops and maintains expertise in the USAA implementations of
- Creates, publishes, maintains, and interprets Information
Security baselines for specific technologies (e.g. operating
systems, databases). Socializes Security baselines with
- Operates and maintains hardware and software of Information
Security solutions and technologies (e.g. firewalls, intrusion
prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web
- Participates in vendor roadmap discussions and feature
- Monitors and fixes sophisticated systems, tools and/or
- Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting
to identify, resolve, and report complex security issues.
- Collaborates with Security Analysts to tune and improve
Information Security solutions and technologies to keep up with the
- Writes code/scripts/automation to detect or prevent new threats
that do not have commercial solutions available yet or to automate
Information Security processes to increase efficiencies.
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies as related to
- Provides insight on issues and serves as a mentor to peers and
team members for assigned area of responsibility.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of related experience in Information Security,
Cybersecurity, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and/or
Information Technology with a security focus to include
accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 4 years of related experience in AppSec, Cloud, Firewall, Web
Proxies, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems
(IPS/IDS), Mainframe, Windows, Linux, Apple, Security Information
and Event Management (SIEM), Identity and Access Management
engineering and /or Security Orchestration, Automation, and
Response (SOAR) solutions.
- Sophisticated level of discernment in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
- Advanced troubleshooting skills. (Packet analyzer a plus)
- Programming or scripting experience. (Python or PowerShell
preferred)When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience with adoption/migration of AWS cloud native
- Experience designing, implementing, and leading cloud security
concepts and DevOps practices
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Experience working with a scripting language like Python or
Golang in a large codebase
- Experience with administration of Linux operating systems
- Experience working with open-source solutions
- Experience working with platform engineers on security best
practices in Infrastructure as Code, cloud design patterns, and
CI/CD with built in application security controls
- Experience leading the implementation of event driven security
architecture, methods, and controlsThe above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$106,800 - $192,300Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Dallas , AWS Cloud Security Engineer - Sr Level (*REMOTE Option), Engineering , Pilot Point, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!