Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Chief Engineer is responsible for ensuring proper operations
maintenance service and repair of all equipment while supporting
the Aimbridge Hospitality goals of guest satisfaction cost control
and profitability. He/she is also responsible for overseeing and
participating in the Preventative Maintenance program ensuring that
all rooms and public space meet Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each
workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for
OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years
of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Current Certification as required by Federal State or Local
governing agents pertaining to trade requirements (i.e. HVAC pool
operation electrical) property specific.
- Current certification and licensing to operate and repair the
hotels boilers and chillers as required by state city and local
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- Train and supervise the hourly Engineering staff and coordinate
- Review Engineering staff's worked hours for payroll compilation
and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Focus the Engineering Department on their role in contributing
to the guest service scores.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Engineering personnel
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare and conduct all Engineering interviews and follow
hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Respond to employee emergency situations using information
contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily
available (with Housekeeping Manager).
- Establish ongoing training for all departments especially
Housekeeping Front Desk and Kitchen to maintain basic upkeep of
their departments and equipment.
- Adhere to budgeted or re-forecasted expense allotments using
proper procedures for all purchases and keep all necessary items
(light bulbs name tags etc.) stocked.
- Coordinate all inspections of the fire safety systems including
extinguishers smoke alarms etc. to maintain proper safety
- Manage energy expenses and continually work towards energy
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure that the Preventative Maintenance program is implemented
and administered according to Aimbridge Hospitality
- Evaluate and spot check the work of all staff and contractors
or outside laborers.
- Handle guestroom maintenance requests in a timely
- Maintain files of and be familiar with all operational manuals
and warranty agreements for equipment.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact
location and cause; determine emergency status and report to Guest
Services and/or the General Manager with findings.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
courteous and helpful to guests all other employees and
- Act as emergency contact person.
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions
required by management.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Ensure that pool and spa are in compliance with area health
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees; Ensure the proper use of radio
etiquette within department.
- Chair Safety Committee as well as help coordinate fire drills
and the training of all employees on safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality
Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Conduct daily property tour of the hotel and exterior perimeter
for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation
- Handle items for -------Lost and Found-----_ according to the
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General
Located in the Market Center area of Dallas, 3 miles northwest of
downtown, this 11-story Sheraton Suites is across from the Dallas
World Trade Center. Sheraton Suites Market Center offers 4,000
square feet of meeting space for groups of up to 180. Located in
the lobby, Sheraton offers workstations with complimentary WiFi.
Recreational amenities include a large fitness center with exercise
room, spa tub, and indoor/outdoor pool. A complimentary area
shuttle is available to guests who need local transportation
(within a 3-mile radius). Sheraton is a pet-friendly hotel and has
a smoke-free policy that reinforces the environmentally-friendly
standard of all of our hotels.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Dallas , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!