Senior Network Engineer (remote)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Senior Network Engineer (remote)
Part Time Support (5-10hr weekly)
Pay Range: $60 - $85 per hr.
Our client is looking for a Senior Network engineer (Not a pure
Security Engineer) with strong experience working with Juniper/Palo
Alto and Cloud Technologies, preferably Azure as well as standards
like FedRAMP and NIST. Experience working as a lead or Hands-on
Manager is a huge plus.
- Collaborate on the design and building of the complete
production IT infrastructure required to run a highly secure and
highly available set of applications across multiple data
- Collaborate on the design and building of the corporate IT
- Sharing knowledge with team members to help improve the team's
overall skills and performance.
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures to ensure the best
specifications are always met and maintained.
- Stay on the forefront of emerging technologies to recommend new
technology and ideas that improve the platform and
- Collaborate with peers to generate realistic technical roadmaps
across the whole organization.
- Identify tools needed for the NOC team to ensure proper
monitoring and operation.
- Collaborate with the compliance team to provide required
resources, appropriate documentation, and secure access during
- Implement and maintain controls and monitoring procedures to
ensure availability of critical systems, and minimal service
- Drive a collaborative culture that values technical depth,
accountability, and customer service.
- Ability to share in on call rotation and work with remote
locations around the world during their hours, as needed.
- F5 Load Balancers
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Juniper Networks
- Cisco Networking
- LAN/WAN routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Layer 1 circuits
- DDoS mitigation
- iSCSI, NFS, FiberChannel
- SSL & IPSec VPN
- Leadership - This role requires strong communication skills, as
well as displaying leadership qualities and confidence in varying
levels of customer situations
- Program Management - Excellent skills in planning for a
portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource
orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and
attention to detail required
- Good communication skills, task management, integrity, and
excellent organization skills
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national
provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers
exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000
companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with
clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants,
successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500
consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement
opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the
right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's
not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth
of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets
throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com
Keywords: ConsultNet, Dallas , Senior Network Engineer (remote), Engineering , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!