Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment
Mechanic at our Turkey Creek Landfill in Alvarado, Texas.
Applicants for this role must possess a strong, dedicated, safety
conscience work ethic along with a positive can-do attitude. We
offer competitive pay, excellent benefits-medical, dental, vision,
paid time off, and 401K. Position is working 55-60 hours a
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of powertrain,
electrical and hydraulic systems on heavy equipment, such as
excavators, wheel loaders, forklifts, man-lifts, etc. Perform power
washing on heavy equipment during routine preventative
- Complete required paperwork utilizing equipment maintenance
software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews and completes, repairs identified on Daily Inspection
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns that may take
place in the transfer station.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards.
- Participate in equipment operator training on best practices on
maintenance and proper use of equipment WORKING CONDITIONS AND
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment is outdoor or may be indoor repair equipment
in the field.
- Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and
to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following
basic safety precautions.
- Often working alone and is expected to report work status and
completion of work through-out the day and end of day.
- Will communicate with suppliers and outside vendors to obtain
parts and coordinate
- Expect to know personal limitations and ask for assistance when
- Service vehicle equipped with tool boxes, welder/air compressor
and crane is provided MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Trustworthy and possess a high-degree of integrity
- Self-directed and comfortable working alone
- Work few but on an occasional weekend
- Accustomed to changes in priorities and responding
professionally to urgent matters
- 3+ years' experience working with heavy equipment
- Must provide own personal tools and tool box.
- Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus ! Waste
Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Dallas , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Alvarado, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...