Lead, Project Engineering
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Blue Ridge
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Lead, Project Engineering
Job Code: IMS20231109-105854
Job Location: Greenville, Texas - (on-site)
Job Schedule: 9/80 Work Schedule - (Every other Friday is a
The Project Engineer (PE) holds technical responsibility and
authority for the program under the technical authority from
Engineering Leadership and the Chief Engineering to execute
assigned programs, as well as direct integration with the Program
Manager (PM). This includes but is not limited to:
- Planning and execution of program activities,
- Documenting, an approval of program plans,
- Ensuring life cycle process adherence,
- Risk identification and management,
- Overall program coordination during the program lifecycle.
To this end, the individual Engineering Functional Task Leaders
(Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Aeronautical
Engineering, Specialty Engineering, Logistic Engineering, Technical
Publications, etc.) report to/and take direction from the PE for
the assigned program operations.
The PE is the TASK Leader (TL) for all technical aspects of the
assigned program. The PE manages the technical functions of the
program through Project Work Authorizations (PWAs) as a joint
effort with the PM. The PE coordinates with the Functional
Managers/CAMs in the utilization of and Earned Value (EV) reporting
via the Labor Tracking System (LTS) to ensure consistency between
the Functional and Program roll up relative to performance against
schedule and budgeted work scope.
The PE is also responsible for program technical performance that
extends beyond Engineering functions, to ensuring technical
compliance within the total operations activities (i.e., extends to
the interfaces of manufacturing and HD&L). In addition, Project
Engineers are the key technical interfaces to Customers and have
the responsibility/opportunity to interact with Customers at every
phase of our program lifecycles.
PEs can be assigned to Programs of Record and/or Program
Job Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related
experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of prior
- Seven years' experience is performing in a Project Engineering
or similar role.
- An active DoD Top Secret (SCI) Security Clearance with the
ability to maintain, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Mission System
- Experience integrating multiple Avionics and Missions Systems
within a single project.
- FAA Part 25 Certification Procedures and Airworthiness
- Commercial Derivative Military Aircraft experience
- Supplemental Type Certification and Major Repair/Alteration
- Military Type Certification experience
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Dallas , Lead, Project Engineering, Engineering , Blue Ridge, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!