Junior Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
Company: Computer Staff, Inc.
Posted on: October 20, 2018
We have been retained by our client in the southern area of Arlington, Texas to deliver a Junior Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer on a full-time, direct hire basis, where the salary is very competitive, the benefits are excellent and include 401k matching and a year-end bonus. You will be involved in learning how to perform the analysis, design, implementation and enhancement of wireless telecommunications networks. These include existing and planned networks for cellular and digital mobile phone and data transmission networks. The Junior RF Engineer is an entry-level to junior-level position that requires a background and knowledge in cellular systems, mobile radio propagation environment, widely used prediction models and measurement techniques. Responsibilities include linking budgets, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis, site RF equipment, initial system design and dimensioning, RF coverage planning, site identification and evaluation, frequency planning and interference analysis. This company has a culture that is "family friendly" including long term planning and career development.
- Perform RF drive testing to carry out propagation and signal measurement.
- Perform analysis of measured data, in order to modify network design and enhance performance. Ensure the deployment of an optimum system, making sure that service coverage is in line with the objective and the strategy adopted by the service provider.
- Devise test plans, test site scheduling, equipment calibration and setup, RF signal measurement and data analysis.
- File status reports to the Federal Communications Commissions (FCC), as required.
- Perform microwave interference analysis as prior to actual RF transmission from a base station of a wireless network, remove or relocate microwave links to avoid any interference caused by the wireless system.
- Measure field data for the base site to identify RF signals frequencies and respective powers.
- Define the requirements and establish the design criteria to identify the network planning tools to use and the required databases.
- Perform measurement integration into the planning tool; in order to tailor the tool for the specific design market environment.
- Identify base station sites for system coverage provision, and perform site surveys with other network implementation teams, in order to verify suitability of the sites for zoning, acquisition and construction.
- Implement high performance operational wireless networks which include initial RF network design, re-design, regular design reviews, RF build verification, system RF acceptance, optimization and continuous technical support to all deployment teams.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (BS EE) or related bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience. BS EE highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Radio Requency or RF, system operations a plus in example:
GSM, CDMA, Cat M.
- Familiar with comprehensive planning/propagation tools, e.g. EDX Wireless, InfoVista PlaNET, InfoVista TEMS Portfolio, Andrew's Odyssey - radio network planning tool, Xenicom's Odyssey radio planning tool, CellCAD and QED or quantum electrodynamics is a plus.
- Flexible to travel and work within project timelines, deadlines, or time-scales.
Employment type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation: $40,000 - $70,000 per year
Benefits: life, health, dental, vision, 401k matching, ADD, short-term disability, paid vacation, paid sick time, bonus
Location: Arlington, Texas
(off I-20, south Arlington, Texas)
Immigration: US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Please apply with resume (MS Word format preferred).
You may also apply with your Linked In Profile and your resume on this page:
Please call and ask for Larry to inquire or follow up on your resume application. - provided by Dice BS EE, Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, RF, Radio Frequency, GSM, CDMA, Cat M, EDX Wireless, InfoVista PlaNET, Infovista TEMS, Andrew's Odyssey, Xenicom's Odyssey, CellCAD, QED
Keywords: Computer Staff, Inc., Dallas , Junior Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer, Engineering , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!