Senior Database Engineer
Company: InfoVision, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Email me at Only on W2. Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving database operational excellence for our services to deliver an "always on" operation, year-round, at the right cost
- Uses the knowledge of technology and operational best practices to drive the design, development and implementation of database operational standards and capabilities for our services enabling highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences
- Developing the database monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Working closely with Product development for database operational aspects of the release, for resiliency patterns and ensuring that the customer experience is monitored, measured and improved release over release
- Support the database migration to AWS with automation all the way and with no manual intervention anywhere in the flow
- Manage all database operational aspects of hosting environments in AWS and traditional data centers
- Provide Tier-2 support and participate in 24x7 on-call incident escalation rotation.
- Utilize proven skills and knowledge, to provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of database, performance, systems and infrastructure incidents
- Developing and driving incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanismsQualifications
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle and Cassandra database technologies
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and operating database technologies in AWS, such as Oracle RDS, Aurora and/or Dynamo
- 3+ years systems administration experience managing enterprise Unix/Linux environments
- 5+ years of experience performing database administration tasks in medium to large scale, Linux based Oracle RAC and ASM development and production environments, including design/modeling, SQL PL/SQL script development, monitoring, performance tuning, backups and recovery using RMAN, software installations and upgrades
- Strong knowledge of Oracle 11g, 12c database, Oracle RAC and ASM architecture, its implementation and performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate replication including installation, upgrades, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting replication errors
- Hands on experience with Oracle OEM including monitoring, alerting, incident management and troubleshooting
- Scripting and programming experience using Python
- Experience with Configuration management e.g. chef, cloud formation, terraform or equivalent and automated database deployments.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)Regards, Chris PaulResource Development Manager - provided by Dice support oracle aws configuration scripting python
Keywords: InfoVision, Inc., Dallas , Senior Database Engineer, Engineering , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!