Company: TNP Inc.
Posted on: August 17, 2019
TNP has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer to join an
established design team in our Allen, Texas office. This Project
Engineer will be responsible for the production and execution of
design for a variety of public works infrastructure projects,
including potable water, wastewater, drainage, and municipal
roadway. This Project Engineer position provides an excellent
opportunity to gain valuable planning and design experience, as
well as to develop project management skills.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational,
professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the
State of Texas.
- Responsive and results-oriented in service to clients and the
- Six to eight (6-8) years of experience in public works
infrastructure design preferred.
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency with Storm CAD and Arc Map preferred.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships
with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, manage and complete multiple
tasks and assignments in a schedule-sensitive environment.
- Strong personal organization & time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listener.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply creative, critical, and systems thinking to
solve complex problems.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Good delegation skills.
- Interacts positively, effectively, and collaboratively with
people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of urgency with "Get it done"/"Can do"
- Self-directed and motivated.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged in plan production
and design of projects. More specifically, responsibilities
- Performing research and completing technical design tasks, plan
production and delivery of projects as required and/or
- Preparing construction documents for public works
infrastructure projects from conceptual to final design.
- Performing construction administration.
- Preparing proposals, reports, schedules, opinions of probable
cost, construction specifications and contract documents.
- Establishing good communication and collaborative working
relationships with team members and clients.
- Organizing and scheduling your own work, and at times, the work
of other team members in order to accomplish project goals within
established budgets and schedules.
- Effectively coordinating and collaborating with technical
experts, other engineering design teams, and
- Assisting Project Managers in the management of projects and
- Directing the work of Civil Engineers, Engineers-In-Training,
and CAD Technicians/Designers
- Assisting in the technical training and development of young
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes a competitive base
salary dependent on qualifications and experience, supplemental pay
for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus
opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided
including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and
disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match,
and paid time-off.
Keywords: TNP Inc., Dallas , Project Engineer, Engineering , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!