Project Engineer - Civil
Company: IEA Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
DescriptionIEA Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer - Civil to join
our team in Dallas or Fort Worth, TX.
This individual should be someone that wants to be part of a
growing Engineering Firm and have the chance to excel in a team
environment with limitless growth potential. The candidate will
perform Civil Design on a variety of projects as part of a team
under the guidance of Senior Engineers. The candidate will also
have opportunities to serve in a Deputy Project Manager role to
support the successful delivery of simultaneous project
Projects will vary from Aviation airside and landside projects to
large TxDOT Interstates and will involve close collaboration with
other designers, disciplines, engineering companies, and
clients.The primary duties of the Project Engineer - Civil will be
to produce engineering drawings, layouts, sketches, maps,
specifications, and estimates using engineering software (AutoCAD
Civil 3D and MicroStation) in collaboration with other Project
Engineers and Project Managers in both the Aviation and
Transportation Departments. Work may also entail field
investigations, inspections and mentorship of younger
- Prepares project designs related to Aviation and Transportation
- Works on detailed and/or routine engineering assignments.
- Seeks innovative solutions to unique problems.
- Performs quality reviews of discipline specific plans,
specifications and estimates and cross-discipline designs to
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and
schedule with little supervision.
- Prepares technical documents.
- Participates in client meetings and effectively communicates
with clients, subconsultants and other stakeholders in both field
and office settings.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- An attitude and commitment to actively participate in our
employee-owned culture is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering required.
- Texas Professional Engineer, or ability to acquire within 6
- 5+ years' of working experience related to civil engineering
for highway/roadway projects required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and Microsoft
Office software required.
- Knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars a plus.
- TxDOT highway or Texas municipalities experience a plus.
- GEOPAK, InRoads and/or OpenRoads experience a plus
- TxDOT Roadway Design, including Schematic Design, a plus.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills a plus.
BenefitsIEA is a growing engineering company with BIG company
benefits! These benefits include paid holidays, paid time off
(PTO), health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with matching,
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Flexible Spending Plans
(FSA), annual and project bonus potential, and trainings to provide
continuing education opportunities. At IEA we invest in our
We are looking for talented, forward-thinking individuals to join
us in our growth. If you're looking for a company that utilizes
talent to the fullest, where you can work on multiple facets of
projects, then please apply.
Keywords: IEA Inc., Dallas , Project Engineer - Civil, Engineering , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!