Sr. Director, Risk Modeling
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Sr. Director, Risk Modeling-2000795DescriptionThe Sr. Director,
Risk Modeling is responsible for the design, plan, development, and
execution of initiatives and implementation new modeling
methodologies and approaches to the management of model risk. S/he
robust validations of a wide variety of models against established
standards, developing benchmark, challenger and replication models
- Advises senior personnel in their communications with risk
committees, auditors, regulators, and senior management regarding
model risk and its potential effects on the risk profile of the
- Assesses performance and develops staff.
- Attends networking and leadership meetings to communicate
results and identify opportunities for continuous process
- Conducts robust validations of a wide variety of models against
established standards, developing benchmark, challenger and
replication models where applicable.
- Develops and executes initiatives such as researching new
modeling methodologies and new approaches to the management of
- Evaluates model assumptions and weaknesses, prepares reports
describing the results of the validation analyses and list the
recommendations for addressing any issues identified.
- Leads the development and prioritization of improved reporting
processes and procedures for the Risk Model team.
- Manages the Risk Modeling, Decision Science, and Data
department, including multiple teams led by managers.
- Manages the resolution of findings with model owners and
- Partners with model owners and developers to understand the
business context for model use, producing technical guidance and
adding value to the business process.
- Reviews ongoing model performance, assess overall model health
within a given framework, identify potential problems and work with
stakeholders to resolve issues
- Bachelor's Degree; Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or
equivalent quantitative field.
- Master's Degree or Ph.D.; Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or
equivalent quantitative field.,or equivalent work experience
- 12-15 years' experience
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing
- Ability to build rapport, garnering respect and credibility
across lines of business.
- Ability to direct, train and guide peers, subordinates and
- Ability to foster and embed a strong risk culture.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to
ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities simultaneously
in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environments.
- Ability to influence all levels of employees in a collaborative
- Ability to influence and active persuasion to gain cooperation
- Advanced knowledge and experience using statistical packages
for analyzing data sets (Excel, Access, SPSS).,Advanced knowledge
of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret
data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Advanced risk, process, and control validation and/or
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in data modeling, database
design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
-Job:Risk ManagementPrimary Location:Texas-Dallas-1601 Elm Street -
02302 - DallasOrganization:CRO (8855)Schedule:Full-timeJob
Posting:Feb 13, 2020, 9:48:51 PM
Keywords: Santander, Dallas , Sr. Director, Risk Modeling, Executive , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!