Texas Regional Medical Director (Physician #)
Company: Sanitas Medical Center
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Administrative/CEO opening in Dallas, Texas. Sanitas, a 40-year
Global healthcare organization, has begun its rapid expansion in
Texas through a strategic collaboration with Blue Cross and Blue
Shield of Texas. Focused on transforming how healthcare is
delivered, our medical centers offer primary care, urgent care,
laboratory, and diagnostic services. If you are a high energy
Physician, looking to help grow a healthcare organization in the
Texas market, then this is the right company to join. This position
will work directly with the CEO of Sanitas Medical Centers, Texas
to grow our presence throughout the HCSC states (TX, NM, OK, MT and
IL). Teamwork, a positive and professional attitude are essential
for this role. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
and show true individual initiative in your daily work. Position
Summary The Regional Medical Director is responsible for the
coordination and oversight of all medical care and quality of
services provided at the regional level. Serves as a member of the
Administrative Management Staff and will collaborate with the CEO
and Executive Leadership on the development of services and program
plans as well as delivery sites and hours of operation to be
offered. Ensures proper functioning of day-to-day operations of the
centers, in coordination with local medical directors and center
staff, to provide consistent quality of care to patients of the
center. This role may also provide delivery of medical services to
patients of the Center. Essential Job Functions Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Expands external relationships with payers, hospitals,
providers, and community organizations to promote clinical programs
and achieve work plan objectives.
- Understand market dynamics, key players, and strategic
- Monitor performance in advanced payment models (accountable
care organizations, Medicare shared savings program, value-based
care and at risk contracts).
- Present on the Sanitas care delivery model at key stakeholder
- Provides leadership for a number of activities related to the
delivery of medical care and clinical services such as cost
management, utilization review and quality assurance.
- Collaborates in the development and periodic review of written
clinical policies, guidelines and protocols for the functioning of
the clinic and responsibilities of the clinicians.
- Works closely with insurance plan to meet defined clinical
- Leads the development and implementation of the disease
management programs and supervises risk coding.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process for
medical provider staff.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work; assesses and appraises
- Collaborates with the management team in ensuring the viability
of the organization through the oversight of provider productivity;
development of the annual budget; maintaining thorough evaluation
of clinic goals and budgets; and participation as a member of the
administrative management team.
- Develops and presents clinic performance reports to Joint
- Assumes responsibility for quality of medical services rendered
to patients by monitoring quality and appropriateness of care.
- Provides supervision of continuing professional education,
in-service training and orientation of new medical staff.
- Provides key input to the development of care delivery policies
- Oversees documentation and care planning.
- Performs periodic review of practice management functions.
- Assures a high standard of medical care by reviewing results of
patient satisfaction surveys; reviews clinical patient
- Provides professional oversight for advanced practice nurses
(ARNP) and/or physician assistants (PAs)
- Handles physician behavior and impairment issues.
- Analyzes, manages and develops improvement plans for adverse
events as well as patient complaints/issues that arise from medical
- May deliver direct patient care within the clinic scope of
- Perform other duties as assigned by executive team. Required
Education and Experience
- MD or DO from an accredited school of medicine.
- Board Certified in a primary care specialty.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the selected
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which
demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities
as described including related work experience.
- Five (5) years of experience as a practicing primary care
physician. Preferred Education and Experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- At least two years of experience working with multi-cultural
patient population delivering patient-centered programs that are
high quality and cost effective.
- Relevant or any other job-related vocational coursework.
- Residence in Dallas, TX preferred.
Keywords: Sanitas Medical Center, Dallas , Texas Regional Medical Director (Physician #), Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!