Account Manager- Ingredient Sales
Posted on: September 17, 2020
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and
markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health
and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over
$640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company
consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs
over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities,
committed to developing the company into global market leadership
positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing
company, visit We are currently seeking a new account manager to
support our ingredient sales. TERRITORY WILL COVER SOUTHERN US.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL RESIDE IN SOUTH SUCH AS DALLAS TX OR HOUSTON
TX POSITION SUMMARY: Increase profitable sales in assigned
territory by developing current and prospect accounts into
commercial sales emphasizing the expansion of specialty food and
beverage as well as health & nutrition oriented accounts. Develops
sales opportunities and services customer accounts in assigned
territory. Maintains relationships with all levels at assigned
customer accounts. Assesses customer product needs and requirements
and achieves budgeted sales levels. Protects existing account base
and introduces and promotes new products to attract new business.
Provides feedback to marketing, applications, product development,
and business units on sales and product trends and customer
preferences. Remains current in necessary training programs
according to the official company training matrix. ESSENTIAL
- Plans, schedules, and makes regular face-to-face sales calls to
assigned accounts and territory prospects. Arranges meetings for
various company professionals to provide multi-level support and
relationships. Communicates results of sales calls via timely call
reports via Salesforce.com.
- Develops sales strategies and sales budgets for territory and
assigned accounts. Regularly reviews and provides status reports on
progress against sales budget.
- Communicates and maintains accurate customer forecasts for
- Coordinates sales efforts to ensure effective sales service,
customer relations, and administrative needs. Investigates customer
complaints and assures prompt, effective solutions. Responds to
customer inquiries for samples, technical data, and support.
Responds to customer inquiries on the use and application of
- Obtains and reports marketing data for successful achievement
of business objectives and strategies. Monitors trends, competitive
activity, product development, and market penetration. Recommends
course of action to prevent loss of existing business.
- Daily contact with customers and monitoring of competitive
activity in assigned territory.
- Independently identifies customer needs and works closely with
Marketing, Product Development, Business Unit Management and other
staff to deliver marketable products in concert with customer
needs. Makes decisions on products to demonstrate to customers.
Receives limited supervision and direction on territory
- Continuous search for new potential accounts as a means for
increasing sales in assigned territory (including cold calls to
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of
safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Must comply with all policies and procedures of the
- Perform other duties as required. REQUIREMENTS:
- BA degree required. Prefer degree in food science, chemistry,
or other related field.
- Must have 7+ years of hands-on collaborative sales experience
involving food ingredients.
- The ideal candidate will have strong insights on the North
America food, and beverage market and has developed a strong
network of regional contacts.
- Knowledge of nutritional ingredients and the nutritional
products market is strongly preferred.
- Displays a passion for nutrition and general wellness.
- Must have polished customer relations and sales skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of company and customer teams
and establish strong working relationships.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills. All the above
duties and responsibilities are essential job functions.
- Travel requirement up to 50%.
- All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of
knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the
job proficiently. #IN
Keywords: balchem, Dallas , Account Manager- Ingredient Sales, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!