Director, Connectivity Engineering
Company: Digital Realty
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Director, Connectivity Engineering
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to
TwitterTwitterShare to PrintPrintShare to EmailEmailShare to
Responsible for overall Design of POP/MMR rooms, OSP duct banks and
ISP designs. Working in conjunction with Design and Construction
teams and outside A&E consultants on all projects globally.
- Work directly with design and construction during early design
phase to determine future state of property/project (scale or
- Working with A&E once developed design document have been
completed to finalize the OSP duct bank and ISP designs.
- Design of the POP/POE rooms and any other Telecom related items
related to the OSP/ISP or POP/POEs at this time.
- Provide complete design to A&C for inclusion in the project
construction drawing set
- Direct coordination with all trades on site regarding utilities
below ground (OSP) and overhead in corridors (ISP) in keeping with
local code and our industry standards.
- create and submit the Build Out Package (BOP) for the POP/POE
- During construction manage the OSP/POP/ISP builds (Fit outs)
from a technical standpoint.
- Review Submittals and RFIs to provide answers and solutions to
any construction related items to the OSP/ISP or POP
- Attend weekly GC construction calls
- Provide Telecom or technical support during duration of
- Interact with any carrier or customer installing fiber on
campus (OSP only) for DAY ONE requirements. Coordinate with GC and
or DLR local property team
- Provide SE team any documentation or drawing needed for
customer OSP builds.
- Provide carriers (or DLR carrier acct mgrs.) documentation or
drawings needed for their OSP builds onto our campus(es) as well as
into any POP or POE.
- Make site visits to verify the builds are following the designs
provided and provide a punch-list of comments and issues seen or
- Do walk through with the GC and his contractor(s) and either
sign off on the builds or provide a punch-list on final items
Responsibilities per product/solution:
- Verify install is per the design/drawings provided & the DEG
(elevations and equipment footprint location)
- Verify all parts and materials are per specification.
- Verify all conduit routing from the OSP & ISP are built
according to DLR spec while adhering to code/regulation of that
- Verify the Network BMS & Security (NBS) cable plant are
installed per those teams' requirements in adherence to the POP
room install specs.
- Create the final as-builts of the POP rooms
- Document changes as per field conditions, other trades scopes
and construction issues in all the drawings and documentation
provided to the internal teams.
- Document regional differences or changes in materials and or
equipment (electrical and mechanical) for future installs, adds or
changes in those POPs
Outside Plant (OSP) Duct Bank System
- Verify install is per the design/drawings provided & the
- Physical inspection of all the manholes and verify conduit
entries with the butterflies that are provided by the GC
- Verify the conduit labeling
- Verify subduct (maxcell is properly placed and labeled within
- Verify MH labeling and proper MH security locking mechanisms
- Create the final as-builts of the OSP DB. This includes all the
conduit administration (labeling).
Inside Plant (ISP) POPs to Data Halls (DHs)
- Verify install per the design drawings provided & the
- Verify locations of where these conduits enter and land in the
- Create the final as-builts of the ISP.
Structure Cabling (OSP & ISP Fiber Builds)
- During the early stages of construction, design the "ecosystem"
Aka Connected Campus fiber build out
- Create a SOW/RFP for pricing.
- Create scope, bill of materials, design drawings needed
(routes, A & Z locations), rack elevations and testing
- Manage build/install with install contractor while coordinating
with construction GC for the overall construction build.
- Create As-builts for fiber pathway, A & Z locations and rack
- Turn over deliverables to colo or DCMs for inventory
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview
of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing
a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center
campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of
open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional
service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new
Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services,
carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial
strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where
our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that
become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and
prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value
customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation
strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich
portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe,
Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of
all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information
technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life
sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with
investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package,
excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer,
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of
Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Keywords: Digital Realty, Dallas , Director, Connectivity Engineering, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!