Director, Incident Response
Company: Aon Hewitt
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Aon is looking for a Director, Incident Response As part of an
industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients
by delivering innovative and effective solutions. As a Director,
you will be a leader within the Digital Forensic and Incident
Response (DFIR) practice and report directly to a Vice President or
Managing Director. When our local offices open back up, this
candidate could be located near our Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CA;
Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Washington, DC; or Boston,
MA office locations. Your impact as a--Director: As Director,--you
will manage--local--teams of experts in running high-stakes,
high-profile investigations and incident response engagements for
our clients. You are expected to bring significant experience in
the cybersecurity or technical consulting industry to bear on your
casework, along with mastery of the fundamentals of running
cybersecurity investigations. You will work at the direction of a
Vice President or Managing Director in the unit to scope,
coordinate, oversee, and perform numerous client cases, which might
require work in any of the technical areas described above or
beyond. As a local team leader, the quality of the Digital
Forensics and Incident Response unit's work and its continuing
sterling reputation will rest with you. Job Responsibilities:
- Perform the most complex forensic analyses handled by the
- Investigate network intrusions and other cyber security
incidents to determine the cause and extent of the breach. Includes
ability to perform host-based and network-based analysis across all
major operating systems and network device platforms.
- Provide expert testimony in trials, depositions, and other
- Supervise other Digital Forensics and Incident Response staff,
including coordinating teams of experts, assuring stellar work
product, and assisting with performance reviews and mentorship of
- Demonstrate self-sufficiency in leading digital forensic
- Ensure that client matters are staffed adequately and
efficiently and that deadlines are met.
- Produce high quality oral and written work product presenting
complex technical matters clearly and concisely.
- Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis.
- Draft and conduct peer review of expert reports, affidavits,
and other expert testimony.
- Maintain proficiency with industry standard tools and practices
and seek opportunities to enhance depth and areas of
- Collaborate with Stroz Friedberg Marketing on collateral and
thought leadership content.
- Seek opportunities to broaden expertise of the digital forensic
examiners and staff through in-house and outside training.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the forensic laboratory under
your direct supervision; foster teamwork, information sharing, and
inter-office collaboration and consistency. You Bring Knowledge and
Expertise Required Experience:
- 8+ years or more of sustained hands-on excellence in the
Incident Response industry along with some digital forensic
- Strong work ethic and even stronger analytic, quantitative, and
creative problem-solving abilities.
- Outstanding client service skills and a high level of
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and
operate effectively in a dynamic, demand-based environment,
requiring flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and
- Deep experience with most common operating systems (Windows,
macOS, Linux, iOS, Android) and their file systems (ext3/4, HFS+,
APFS, NTFS, exFAT, etc.).
- Proficiency with industry-standard forensic toolsets, including
X-Ways, EnCase, Axiom/IEF, Cellebrite/UFED, and FTK.
- Experience with conducting log analysis of various types of
logs, including Windows Event Logs, Apache, IIS, and firewall
- Clarity in written and oral communication.
- Confidence, humility, and a commitment to learning and teaching
others in a collaborative environment of talented high
- Comfort with intermittent periods of travel, evening and
weekend hours. Preferred Experience:
- GCFE, GCIH, CCE, EnCE or equivalent digital forensics /
incident response certification.
- Experience with enterprise cloud infrastructures such as Amazon
Web Services, G Suite, Office 365, and Azure.
- Proficiency with database querying and analysis.
- Interest in building intellectual capital for the firm by
writing blogs, submitting to CFPs, and creating internal tools for
analysis. Education: IND-US We offer you A--competitive--total
rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous
potential with a--growing--worldwide organization. Our Colleague
Experience: From helping clients gain access to capital after
natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement
for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients,
communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work
with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is
the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon
and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic
possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience . About
Aon: Aon plc (NYSE:AON)--is a leading global professional services
firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health
solutions.--Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results
for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver
insights that reduce volatility and improve performance. By
applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you
be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and
successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's
employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of
the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN
validation, education verification, employment verification, and
criminal check, search against global sanctions and government
watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug
test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks
are required by the position. Aon provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a
diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
Keywords: Aon Hewitt, Dallas , Director, Incident Response, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!