Chief Development Officer
Company: Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive
reproductive healthcare services.--We are here to educate and care
for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are
greater than they've ever been. And that drives us to work harder,
aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be
empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and
clients. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans Retirement plan and
employer match Generous Paid Time Off Plus Additional Benefits
Position Title:--Chief Development Officer Reports
To:--President/CEO Supervises: Sr. Directors of Development, Sr.
Director of Major Gifts, Director of Events, Director of Grants and
Development Operations, and Development Officer. Employment Status:
Full-Time, Exempt Grade:--E-17 Summary
- The Chief Development Officer provides leadership and strategic
direction to ensure the organization's stability and growth through
a dynamic, aspirational, and intensive philanthropic strategy for
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT). Ensures the successful
identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of
individuals, corporations and foundations to generate revenue for
programs that advance PPGT's mission and goals. Ensures
productivity expectations, customer service and compliance
standards are maintained. The Chief Development Officer is a member
of the executive leadership team. Abides by the organization's
mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of
and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer
service. Essential Job Functions and Expectations
- Oversees and manages the Development department including Major
Gifts, Mid-Level Donors, Special Events, Grants, Annual Fund
Giving, and Development Operations functions such as database
management and prospect research.
- In conjunction with the President/CEO, Board of Directors, and
other senior leadership, develops effective strategies and leads
efforts to achieve the agency's fundraising and outreach
- Ensures that PPGT is positioned to support aspirational
development efforts through "best in class" research, approaches,
processes, events, materials, information and technology.
- Partners with President/CEO, Executive Leadership Team (ELT),
Board Members and volunteers in donor/prospect cultivation and
solicitation, enhance community visibility, establish donor
- Designs, directs and manages the organization's overall fund
raising programs for the annual and capital campaigns.
- Develops a realistic strategic plan with both short and long
range goals to meet the organization's funding objectives.
- Makes face-to-face solicitations of major donors and prospects
and provide staff support for solicitations in coordination with
- Oversees Board involvement in fundraising and any relevant
- Plans and coordinate special events and benefits and
cultivation of outreach events for specific constituents.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major
donors, board members, foundation trustees, staff and community
- Manages foundation grants, providing oversight of application
and reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Assures compliance with the Board of Director's governance
policies on development as well as the standards established by the
Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Assures that all fundraising materials and any communication
with the public maintain the highest standards of integrity and
- Manages volunteer committees that support events and special
- Ensures that the Board of Directors, staff and committees are
regularly informed of fundraising progress and provide analysis of
development gift receipt trends.
- Promotes and facilitates integration, collaboration and
teamwork between all departments throughout the organization to
advance the overall plans and initiatives.
- Hires, trains, leads, motivates, and coaches department
- Prepares annual work-plan for Development.
- Provides oversight responsibility for Development policies,
systems, and procedures.
- Develops an effective leadership style with team members.
- Provides timely feedback and performance evaluation reviews
- Ensures all required training is completed for direct reports
and has overall accountability for staff within area of
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood
Federation of America (PPFA) and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of abortion and family planning regulations
and implements changes as necessary.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events,
conferences, and fundraising events, as appropriate.
- Adopts and adheres to an Ethical Fundraising Policy and revises
this document as needed to always maintain the highest integrity in
- Has restricted access to client private health information and
has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have
access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at
any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally,
either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in a wide-variety of disciplines. Master's
- 18 years of professional-related experience. Minimum of 8 years
of experience as a senior leader and/or consultant in a complex
fund raising environment. Previous supervisory experience required.
Background in women's health, non-profit fundraising, and public
relations strongly desired. Required Licenses or Certifications
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the
willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or
new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be
committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region
as job dictates.
- Demonstrated ability in fundraising strategy development.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with the entire
range of development tools and tactics, both established and
- Ability to lead the process of goal development at all levels
of development operation and track progress against the goals
- Recognized excellence in interpersonal and
relationship-building skills, project and staff management skills;
ability to motivate and work collaboratively with staff throughout
the agency, and effect change.
- Demonstrated appreciation for the level of detail, discretion
and good judgment necessary for effective solicitation and
cultivation of donors and supporters.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, high energy,
positive attitude and diplomatic.
- Ability to successfully prepare written acknowledgement
letters, stewardship reports and foundation proposals.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage intense stress with multiple competing
priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and affect;
regularly meets deadlines; uses effective problem solving.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating
to sexual and reproductive health.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to speak effectively in a public or group
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality
healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance - can be relied upon to act
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of
people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise
- Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to
shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly
from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain
competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing
positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to
new information or changes to a situation.
- Exemplify the organization's In This Together values: We Tend
to the Team; We Respect and Honor All People; We Jump In; We Try
and We Learn; We Care for our Business; and We Return to our
- PPGT celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity
employer.--We are committed to building a team that represents a
variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more
inclusive we are, the better our work will be. To that end,
employment is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications
directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit
unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on
the basis of age; race, color, ancestry, national origin, or
ethnicity; citizenship status; sex or gender; gender identity or
gender expression or transgender status (including the individual's
actual or perceived sex and the individual's gender identity,
self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression); sexual
orientation; mental or physical disability as long as you are
qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or
without reasonable accommodation; AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or
HIV status; perception of risk of HIV infection; or association
with individuals who are believed to be at risk; religion or creed;
genetic information; pregnancy status, including related medical
conditions; marital status; past, current, or prospective service
in the uniformed services; or any other basis protected by law. We
are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace. Essential Physical
- Must be able to stand, particularly for sustained periods of
time. Must be able to move about on foot to accomplish tasks, such
as moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work
primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, or typing. Must
be able to talk such as convey detailed or important spoken
instructions to other workers accurately. Must be able to hear such
as the ability to receive detailed communication orally. Must be
able to communicate effectively. Will have substantial movements of
the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift and/or
exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force frequently. Must be able to have close visual acuity to
perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and
figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive
reading. Office environment/Sedentary.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Inc., Dallas , Chief Development Officer, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!