VP, Operations (Community Planning Focus)
Company: People Performance Resources, LLC
Posted on: February 25, 2021
VP, Operations (Community Planning Focus) Full-Time in Dallas,
TX - Operations Our client, Frazier Revitalization, is welcoming a
new addition to their executive leadership team. This position
serves as second-in-command to President and CEO. The VP of
Operations role is charged with overseeing the effectiveness of
business operations, ensuring a strong and capable team is in place
for building collaborative working relationships with past, present
and future constituency and the Board. In addition, this leader is
directly responsible for oversight of community engagement, so this
position marries Frazier Revitalization's strategic direction and
the effectiveness of programming to demonstrate the impact of the
organization to its donor base and the entire community. This
position is based in Dallas and reports to the President/CEO.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Strategic Thinking - Sees the big picture and is focused on
long-term solutions; senses trends that might impact the
organization's future; able to develop an action-oriented plan;
develops and communicates the roadmap for change and innovation
required to achieve the organization's vision; engages others to
create common goals that support the organization's vision.
- Managing and Developing Others - Gives ongoing, constructive
feedback; recognizes individual contributions and ideas; delivers
personal and behaviorally focused praise; works to create a strong
team; aligns the right work with the right people; ensures the team
has the necessary skills and resources to achieve success;
encourages the growth and development of others by providing
ongoing feedback, coaching and learning opportunities.
- Business Alignment - Mission focused; continually searches for
and implements strategies to make the organization's mission
relevant to the changing realities of the marketplace. Understands
the community and population being served; provides effective
expertise to ensure programs and development campaigns meet the
needs of the community. Positively represents the organization to
the community and maintains the organization's credibility.
Develops budgets for both Program department expenses and grants to
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Management and Delivery
- Contribute to the organization's research providing analysis
and strategic direction to programmatic initiatives.
- Engage with donors and gain a general knowledge of donors'
areas of interest to align these with the organization's
- Responsible for development, management, oversight, strategy
and successful outcomes of programs.
- Oversee the organization's key community involvement and
- Oversee the organization's advocacy initiatives, providing
analysis and strategic direction to this work.
- Ensure programmatic priorities and goals align with the
organization's mission and vision.
- Provide executive leadership to the organization to ensure work
is of the highest quality and consistent with administrative and
operational best practices; this could include reviewing and
revising strategy, approach, and methodologies used within the
organization to ensure the best position for Frazier
- Refine and implement a staffing plan and organizational
structure as needed to meet operational needs.
- Oversee assigned staff and the onboarding of new employees;
ensures each team member understands assigned duties, has the
training and tools to perform those duties and receives ongoing
- With input from CEO and HR Partner, establish and address
employee productivity and performance standards, up to and
including managing corrective action and termination
- Attend and make presentations at meetings of the Board of
Directors, Executive Committee, and other committees, as
- Manage, coordinate, and provide oversight to new and existing
community development, community engagement, and community building
programs and initiatives that support community and resident
- Creates and manages community-building strategies that are
inclusive of ideas and participation of residents, community
leaders and partners, business leaders, and stakeholders.
- Manage, coordinate and develop new and existing programs,
projects, events, and initiatives that improve and strengthen the
quality of life within the Frazier community.
- Strengthen and support neighborhood associations, community
activities, and resident development.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with residents that
meets them where they are, that supports understanding of their
experiences and circumstances, while empowering them to make
- Manage the growth and development of the community in a manner
that provides an enhanced quality of life while also mitigating the
displacement of residents.
- Build and oversee new and existing community programming that
promotes and supports engagement from parents and youth that
provides a fun, safe and nurturing environment that focuses on
social and emotional development.
- Support CEO to oversee the strategy, planning and
implementation of year-round annual giving to garner support from
individuals, corporations, donors, and key relationships.
- Maintain accountability and compliance standards for donors and
- Oversee information tracking processes regarding on-going
communications and continued cultivation of foundations and
corporations to enhance their relationship with Frazier
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven track record of developing successful programs that meet
or exceed organizational goals.
- Strong experience with an understanding of curriculum that
aligns program of work with the organizational mission.
- The ability to interconnect the delivery of programs against
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions
through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and
- Ability to think strategically, problem-solve, anticipate
future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the
- Exceptional capacity for managing, connecting and leading
people through positive influence.
- Capacity to enforce accountability, build team capacity,
develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from
the top-down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths
and weaknesses of the team to put people in a position to
- Broad experience with the full range of business functions and
systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting,
business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources,
marketing and P&L management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to relate well with
the public, community, volunteers and support groups of the
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of nonprofit and
foundation operations, administrative management and standards, as
well as organizations, philanthropy and community resources.
- Strong knowledge of the North Texas community and a network of
contacts within the nonprofit and sector.
- Commitment to building stronger communities by educating
families in ways to improve their education, health, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in urban planning, public administration,
nonprofit management, social science field, or equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of ten years' experience leading programs, operations,
stewardship, development and leadership responsibilities.
No agency or third-party candidates will be considered for this
position. No phone calls, please. To apply for this position click
Keywords: People Performance Resources, LLC, Dallas , VP, Operations (Community Planning Focus), Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!