Creative Director, Jack Black
Company: Edgewell Personal Care Italy S.R.L.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Edgewell is a global team of over 6,000 visionaries, doers and
makers. Our secret is people, and we have an inspiring and
collaborative global force of them. Our portfolio of over 25 brands
touches lives in more than 50 countries by making useful things
joyful. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers,
strive for more sustainable ways to beautify and bond, and do it
all with not only confidence but determination. Position Overview
The Creative Director defines and oversees the creative strategy,
and development and execution of graphic design for the Jack Black
brand. The Creative Director is responsible for directing the
creative team in management and execution of all projects in an
accurate and timely manner and tracking all steps in the creative
process from inception to production. The Creative Director will
report into the Group Marketing Director and partner closely with
the Marketing team on strategy supporting creative execution.
- Provide creative vision and direction for brand materials,
including packaging, printed sales collateral, merchandising
materials/displays, brand photoshoots and digital/e-commerce
- Ensure visual design of all projects adheres to the overarching
brand identity, as well as project requirements, strategic
objectives (outlined by job owner), and timelines. Offer on-going
thought leadership on design and graphic direction (consistent with
the brand heritage) to remain fresh and relevant to the
- Partner closely with marketing to translate consumer insights
and relevant market feedback into actionable creative strategies
and breakthrough concepts that drive business results.
- Provide thought leadership and detailed direction to project
design across multiple projects. In partnership with the Project
Manager, l ead the work flow and schedules for the creative team on
a program and project basis - based on deadlines and priorities.
Regularly work in an executional design role as well as a
leadership role on key projects.
- Work with marketing as a key part of the new product innovation
& development cycle and related calendar timelines, providing input
& guidance on packaging selection (with a focus on sustainability
and cost) and graphic design. Keep the creative team focused to
meet all new launch deadlines, inclusive of sampling
- Lead development of new product launch packaging design, as
well as seasonal design concepts in context to the larger brand
assortment & cost structure; take an active role in creating the
design plans; coordinate among creative team to ensure brand
cohesiveness across all categories.
- In collaboration with Marketing, provide thought leadership,
insights and creative direction for new strategic initiatives and
brand collaborations to grow brand awareness and trial, both in the
US and globally.
- Work with Marketing to establish the best use of company
resources for creative work, such as people, technology, and time.
Provide suggestions for innovative and appropriate technologies in
partnership with the Project Manager as a part of the overall
management of the creative team.
- Manage & oversee details of production process to ensure
priorities are clearly established and achieved within budget. Work
with Project Manager to issue revised timetables when
program/design changes impact dates and costs, and act as the point
person in communication of changes to the broader marketing
- Lead, coach and develop a team of graphics designers and
copywriters, both full time and freelance, and strategize staffing
where appropriate. Attract, develop and retain graphics and design
talent when needed.
- Manage and direct outside creative resources.
- Initiate and oversee timelines to ensure photo shoots take
place in enough time to have all launch and promotional assets
available to support US and international ship dates.
- Oversee each phase of the internal and external approval
process: including the approval of copy, layouts, final artwork,
proofs and printed samples.
- Guide and oversee the printing process with suppliers,
including artwork specifications and press checks, to ensure
quality, on-time results.
- Update and manage graphics standards for company.
- Manage Creative Team Budget. Qualifications
- 7-10+ years relevant experience.
- Extensive background in graphic design and production , plus
excellent copy writing skills.
- Thorough understanding of art, copy and layout, and detailed
knowledge of design software, such as Adobe Illustrator, In-Design,
and Photoshop. Flash, etc. Mobile applications and web-based
experience also helpful.
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel
marketing concepts. Knowledge of prestige consumer products
- Excellent communication, leadership, time management and
problem-solving skills. Strong ability to appropriately take
feedback and partner with job owners.
- Must possess sense of urgency, entrepreneurial working style
and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and ever-changing
environment. #LI-LC1 Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer. We
do all we can to create a collaborative and diverse global team,
where good ideas can thrive, and our colleagues can learn and lead.
We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital
or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any legally
protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. We listen deeply and speak directly to create an
environment that's open to difference. We aim to bring joy to not
only the products we create and the people we serve, but our
colleagues across the globe too.
Keywords: Edgewell Personal Care Italy S.R.L., Dallas , Creative Director, Jack Black, Executive , Coppell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!