Community Director - Parks at Walnut
Company: Indio Management
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Position Summary:Indio Management is seeking a highly organized,
intuitive, effective communicator, and outgoing Community Director
to join our Team! The Community Director is responsible for a
property's operational and financial aspects and meeting company
goals in those areas. Results are successfully achieved by
facilitating the property's optimum performance in personnel
management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance,
revenue enhancement, capital improvements, information reporting,
and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies.
- Responsible for the assigned community's overall operations
(office, maintenance, resident, and vendor relations).
- Ensure a professional appearance and a positive customer
- Must be available to work days, nights, evenings, weekends, and
on-call as necessary.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete, and
submitted on a timely basis.
- Perform physical inspections of the property and verify the
condition of vacant apartments.
- Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure
timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning
work scheduling, billings, vendor relations, and insurance
certifications. Approve and submit all invoices to the corporate
office for payment.
- Maintain records of all aspects of management activity daily,
weekly, and monthly. Generate various reports as required.
- Conduct monthly market surveys and provide trend report
- Ensures all rents are collected when due and posted promptly,
operate financially within the approved budgets.
- Perform evictions, utility cut-offs, and landlord liens as
required on delinquent rentals.
- Assist in the formulation of budgets and income projections on
an annual basis in a timely and accurate manner.
- Make daily rental rate approvals with direction from Regional
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff to
achieve the assigned community's operational goals. This includes
new employee on-boarding and training, ongoing formal and informal
performance evaluation, instructing and advising on-site staff of
employee procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct ongoing training with office staff, e.g., leasing
paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of ongoing
- Monitor employee timecards and punches daily to ensure proper
- Ensure that all resident requests or complaints are resolved
quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident
communications, e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
- Implement, design, and maintain a resident retention program
(newsletter, resident referral program, or social activities).
- Other duties assigned.Job Competencies:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suites
(Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication
- Must have the ability to develop, maintain, and foster
relationships at every level among the organization and external
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work
- Must be analytical and able to perform intermediate math
- Ability to make and implement decisions under risk and
- Ability to analyze basic operating statements and identify
unusual operating trends, ratios, and variances.
- Have thorough knowledge of Fair Housing laws.
- The ability to travel (up to 20%) for training, conferences,
and other sites as needed.
- Knowledge of ResMan, Knock, Anyone Home, and SightPlan
- High School diploma, or general equivalency degree (GED)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum one year in a supervisory/management role
- Minimum three years of residential property management
INDIO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: Indio Management, Dallas , Community Director - Parks at Walnut, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!