Vice President of People and Culture
Company: CNM Connection
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Vice President of
People (VPP) is responsible for ensuring that DCAC has the people
and related processes, and systems in place to advance the agency's
mission to improve the lives of abused children and provide
national leadership in the child abuse field. The VPP is
responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally
compliant human resource policies and procedures; developing and
executing human resource strategic initiatives; identifying and
implementing long-range talent management, training and
development, culture, and DE&I strategies. The VPP will partner
with the executive team to develop and foster a work environment
aligned with DCAC's core values, strategic plan, and overall
mission of the organization. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the
organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to
support DCAC's mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for DCAC's human
resource, people, and talent management functions; assesses the
organizations success and market competitiveness based on these
- Provide oversight and implementation for all DE& I efforts and
strategies; design agency policies that evaluate and reinforce
diversity, equity, and inclusivity through all personnel practices
and client services.
- Collect and evaluate data including compensation, retention,
turnover, diversity and use this analysis to collaborate with the
CEO and executive leadership to improve DCAC and scale growth.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation,
benefits, performance appraisal, leadership development, and
employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource team;
assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and
benefits questions, conflict resolution concerns, and issues.
- Administer and examine annual climate survey, provide feedback
and recommend solution-focused strategies to executive
- Strategically increase staff engagement and capacity,
developing methods such as engagement surveys, exit interviews,
stay interviews, strength assessments, etc.
- Research, evaluate, and implement best practices in the field
of organizational development, resilience and leadership
- Provide coaching and leadership development to all leaders
within the organization.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and implement
a pipeline of strong and collaborative leaders, including
succession planning and organizing monthly leadership
- Ensure superb orientation and onboarding experience for new
hires so that employees quickly acclimate and engage in the culture
and work of the Center.
- Coordinate annual benefits renewal process with external broker
and present recommended benefits package to the executive
leadership annually based on budgetary impact and needs of the
- Oversee benefits and payroll functions carried out by the HR
- Coordinate with agency leadership to identify and adopt best
practices for well-being and minimization of vicarious trauma.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance,
safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in
employment law, human resources, and talent management. REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource
information systems, preferably Paycom.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- A minimum of seven years of human resource management
experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or
business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years supervision experience.
- Experience in non-profit organizations preferred. ADDITIONAL
- Duties are usually performed seated with occasional periods of
standing or walking. Limited physical effort is required associated
with lifting and carrying objects (less than 25 lbs).
- Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver's license
and proof of insurance. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- This job description should not be interpreted as
all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions
and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested
to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those
stated in this job description.
- Ensure culturally competent services are provided to all
families we serve without regard to race, ethnicity, religion,
socioeconomic status, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
ABOUT DCAC Who We Are DCAC is the only agency of its kind in Dallas
County, working in agreement with public and private agencies to
investigate, prosecute, and provide healing services for child
abuse cases in Dallas County. We reduce the re-victimization of the
child, remove barriers to investigation and treatment, and enhance
criminal prosecution with our distinctive multidisciplinary and
united approach to these complex and severe cases. We are a
national and international leader in the Children's Advocacy Center
movement, recognized for our expertise in the identification,
investigation, and prosecution of child abuse cases; cutting-edge
clinical services and programs for victims and their non-offending
family members; and our community and professional training
programs. The mission of Dallas Children's Advocacy Center is to
improve the lives of abused children in Dallas County and to
provide national leadership on child abuse issues. Our Core Values
Everyone involved in DCAC's work shares a common set of core
- The children come first in all that we do.--
- We operate as a seamless team.--
- Each of us acts with a servant's heart. Earn and Save We offer
an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive
salaries and a 403B retirement plan with up to 4% employer
contribution. Leave You will earn leave for paid and floating
holidays, vacation, and wellness leave. Health and Wellness You are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, short and long
term-disability, and employer paid life insurance. We offer
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans that can be used for a
variety of expenses. Application Instructions Qualified candidates
should apply at www.dcac.org
Hello Employers! Click "Employer Login" below to create or access
your Opp501 Job Board Account. Once logged into your account, you
can post a job, view your job postings, or edit an already
published job posting all without CNM's help!
Opp501 Job Board Rates:
15-day post: $149
30-day post: $249
CNM members receive a $50 discount on job board postings. CNM does
not refund the difference if the discount code is not applied at
the time of transaction. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not
know the discount code.
Post your open Board positions for free! Email email@example.com to
submit your posting information and we'll get it listed for you.
For 40 years, CNM has helped strengthen nonprofits by offering
affordable education and management consulting services to our
members. We broadened our mission in early 2015 to strengthen
communities by working with nonprofits and other stakeholders to
focus on results through strategic management and data expertise
and leading-edge technology.-- 214-826-3470
Keywords: CNM Connection, Dallas , Vice President of People and Culture, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!