Home Loans Vendor Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think
about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative,
mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their
goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented
transformation, and we're at the forefront.
We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a
direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us
every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career,
and the financial world.
Position Summary: Vendor Management
This position requires deep mortgage operations knowledge,
experience, and vendor management. Ensures the most effective
working relationships with vendors, through effective contract
management, monthly business reviews, performance scorecards,
change management and daily vendor interactions as needed. Acts a
liaison between SoFi internal partners and vendors.
Is responsible for creating and maintaining home loans policies and
procedures both vendor management and operating
Knowledge of audit processes, operational excellence, information
security, regulatory compliance, contract compliance and
negotiations, to assess and recommend improvements related to
third-party systems. Working knowledge of operational audit and
control procedures and ability to partner with partners (i.e.
Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit, and Business Units) to help
ensure proper levels of vendor service assurance and compliance
state and federal laws and requirements.
This role will assist with establishing and maintaining department
procedures and processes. Monitor service level agreement (SLA)
compliance along with vendor scorecard adherence and other
contractual covenants and obligations to ensure vendor compliance.
Perform all duties in accordance with the company's policies and
procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein
the company operates.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Conducting reviews of existing vendor management policies and
procedures; update and augment with industry best practices as
- Maintaining and reviewing department policies and procedures,
forms, reports, training material, job aids and checklists for
accuracy to ensure compliance by identifying any gaps and
developing new processes to address them.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of vendors' contracts/SLAs/SOWs and
monthly vendors' performance scorecards to ensure vendors
compliance in accordance with vendor contract, SLA/SOW, Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Evaluate final monthly vendor scorecard data and supporting
evidence for completeness and accuracy while looking for areas of
improvement and developing solutions to address any gaps.
- Monitors Vendor Consumer Complaints received by the department
and address them with internal and external stakeholders to ensure
coordinated response and/or the completion of a remediation action
plan when required.
- Manages, monitors and tracks compliance of all third-party
vendors to regulatory and internal policy by ensuring activities
adhere to established service level.
- Assist management in conducting testing of various department
systems and reports to achieve maximize department effectiveness
- Assist management in conducting testing new software systems,
enhancement and documenting findings as needed.
- Review and respond to internal and external audit requests
received by the department as needed.
- Conducts reviews of vendors' on-site audits to ensure proper
business units notification and completion and tracking of any
vendor remediation plans.
- Manages vendor communication requests and tracks
acknowledgements as required.
- Prepare department reports and distribute to other stakeholders
on regular basis while performing ongoing analysis to enhance
vendor performance in accordance with SoFi expectations
- Review and approve all vendor payments to insure they are in
compliance with all contractual terms.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance of
- Identify process gaps and optimize efficiency/quality in the
process between vendors and business.
- Work in close partnership with fulfillment vendors and internal
stakeholders to ensure an optimal end-to-end mortgage process
- Responsible for managing
relationships/performance/administration of third-party vendors and
coordinate/work with compliance on due diligence, vendor
assessments, and monitoring of third party vendors
- Stay current on the latest trends, technologies, and
competitive pressures in the industry
- Coordinate communications between vendors and internal
- Manage the change management process between vendors and
- Responsible for policy and procedure reviews and updates
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all performance issues
- Resolves transactional level escalations coming from the vendor
or internal partners
- Create and analyzes monthly performance scorecards /performance
management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure
(risk/financial/regulatory) and improve vendor performance and
- Plan and execute vendor management governance and oversight
- Annual travel to vendor places of business to conduct audits in
compliance with vendor contracts.
- Analyze contracts, performance, invoicing, InfoSec, regulatory
and licensing issues related to third-party relationships for
compliance with state and federal laws and requirements.
- Work with vendors and SoFi business units in developing and
overseeing the implementation of risk remediation measures.
Be agile and ready to problem solve anything that comes our
- Five + years of mortgage industry expertise including
operations, compliance, vendor management, policy and
- Change management
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, and enforcing vendor
contracts and service level agreements.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, logical, and
systematic with the ability to manage multiple tasks at same
- must have experience presenting conclusions in a clear and
concise manner; with ability to work in a high volume and strict
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a
demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships within the
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced ever
- Ability to organize and meet deadlines
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth
parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions,
breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age
(40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status,
or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our
top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic,
and because unvaccinated employees pose a direct threat to the
health and safety of others in the workplace, effective on November
1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated to work from any
of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for
employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability,
pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate
remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Keywords: SoFi, Dallas , Home Loans Vendor Manager, Executive , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!