Packaging Planning Manager
Company: Samsung Electronics America
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We're seeking
innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a
better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet,
but our best is always a prototype for something better and our
people thrive with a driven mindset - better builds on better. We
believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive
culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team
where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our
talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better
tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Join the Samsung Family and be part of our 'Best-In-Class'
Role and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing the SEA Packaging
planning for HHP, and Postponement (PPM) operation.
In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent
- Develop, lead, and manage a planning team of 4 members (4
RFTs), as well as, managing two 3PLs providing Packaging labor to
the SEA Packaging team.
- Develop daily production plan, and manage daily production
progress/results/performance. Manage and follow up the weekly
packaging result, over time, and packaging issues.
- Develop a level-load plan and weekly production plan in
accordance with Sales teams' sales plan and vendor capacity
- Develop and manage bulk inventory reports such as bulk
shipment, BOH/EOH, aging, and SW version.
- Manage vendors' packaging operation performance, vendor
scorecard, and KPI results.
- Manage and verify vendors' packaging results, overtime,
invoices, and billing process
- Make decisions on daily and weekly regular hour production
plan, daily and weekend OT for HHP & Tablet, and PPM operation to
meet the demands of Sales teams/customers accordingly.
- Collaborate with relevant parties relating to local packaging
operation, such as HQ GOC, SEA Sales/SCM/Logistics teams, to manage
schedules and other required processes.
- Manage process improvement and expanded packaging operation
with the addition of a new process and products.
- Develop goods receipt, production, and ship out the plan for
the initial launch volume on daily basis during the new model
launch, as well as, check and set up in advance the related system
configuration if necessary.
- Develop and follow up planning annual strategy plan and prepare
bi-weekly follow-up meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Capability to perform multiple tasks well in a timely manner in
a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to resolve complex issues by utilizing strong
- The position requires the skill to build relationships and work
closely with the Global Operations Center (GOC at HQ in Korea), as
well as, Logistics, SCM, and the Carrier Account Teams within SEA
to meet RTF for SEA HHP, and Tablet products
- Ability to design systematic and feasible plant operation plan
and strategy vision
- Possess the willingness and the drive to continuously improve
and innovate processes
- Experience in manufacturing production setting or experiences
in similar field is highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experiences in sales or SCM-related
- 7+ years of experience is required
your location. You can change Country/Language at the bottom of the
page. If you are European Economic Resident, please click .
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung
Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an
exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of
employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully
vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to
apply for an exemption are provided after the application process
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with
Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our
job application process. If you have a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application
process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team
(855-###-####) or ...@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number
is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America, Dallas , Packaging Planning Manager, Executive , Coppell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!