RN Case Manager
Company: Three Oaks Hospice
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPrimary functions are to administer skilled
nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence,
coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and
referring agency; and assumes the responsibility for coordination
of care.Essential Functions
- Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the impact of
the terminal disease on the patients physical, functional,
psychosocial, and environmental needs and ADLs, i.e., risk for
grief, cultural/spiritual, verbal /non-verbal.
- Implement the individualized POC and recommend revisions to the
plan as necessary.
- Consulting with and educating the patient/family regarding
disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care, nutrition
and dietary needs. Providing training to other staff as
- Initiating appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Preparing clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress
toward established goals.
- Coordinating all patient/family services and prioritization of
needs with the members of the IDT.
- Use of case management approach and referring to other services
- Informing physician and other personnel of changes in the
patients needs and outcomes of intervention, while evaluating
patient/family response to care.
- Determining scope and frequency of services needed based on
acuity and patient/family needs.
- Assessing ability of the caregiver to meet the patients
immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
- Evaluating own needs for support and using identified systems
to meet the need
- Communicating information using current process and technology
available to the organization.
- Applying specific criteria for admission and re-certification
to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the
- Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to
patients/families as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or
Baccalaureate School of Nursing
- Licensure: Current State license as a Registered Nurse, current
State Drivers License
- Experience: Two years experience as an Registered Nurse in a
clinical care setting preferred, hospice or home health
- Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted
standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of
Hepatitis consent/declination. Specialized skills preferred in
palliation and end-of-life.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation, valid drivers license
and current auto liability insurance.
- Environmental and Working Conditions: Works in patients home in
various conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids
and infectious diseases; ability to work flexible schedule; ability
to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN
- Physical and Mental Effort: Prolonged standing and walking
required, with ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move patients.
Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines
and patient needs, and to make quick decisions and resource
acquisition; meet patient/family individualized psycho social
needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
Keywords: Three Oaks Hospice, Dallas , RN Case Manager, Executive , Hurst, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!