RN Clinical Product Evaluation Manager
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Clinical Product Evaluation Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) -is
responsible for facilitating a system-wide value analysis/New
Product Introduction (NPI) process with the goal of providing high
quality, safe, patient-centered and cost-effective products,
services and technology. The Registered Nurse (RN) -Eval Manager
position will provide clinical and strategic expertise that
facilitates supply expense management while continuously improving
quality, safety and satisfaction, through clinical engagement. This
position will also serve as a facilitator and educator of the Value
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides leadership and project management for all NPI requests
submitted through the new product request process for clinical
products and equipment.
- Establishes and adheres to a streamlined method for
standardizing and monitoring products, services and technology
selection, utilization and costs.
- Works strategically and tactically to identify, analyze, decide
and implement best practices and expense management initiatives as
it relates to Medical Surgical, Pediatrics/NICU, ICU, Critical
Care, Imaging, Infection Prevention and Lab Products.
- Reviews all new product introduction requests ensuring requests
follows current standards and contracts and is an FDA approved
product suitable for use for intended purpose.
- Facilitates and educates the NPI service line councils and
subcommittee meetings to include clinical and financial analyses
and execution parameters of requested new products.
- This facilitation requires prior research and analysis in
preparation for review meetings.
- Clinician and physician engagement are key to influencing
- Develops, designs and executes product evaluations including
survey instruments, manage result compilation and coordinate
results presentation between the Finance and the Strategic Sourcing
- Attends and assists specific service line committees and
councils as requested and directed by the Commodities Directors and
Sourcing and Contract Managers.
- Reviews product usage reports to identify opportunities for
standardization, SKU reduction and contract compliance.
- Stays abreast of latest clinical developments and advancements
to advise Supply Chain leadership of new trends and technologies
that may affect sourcing strategies or have financial
- Researches and advises on product substitutions in the event of
prolonged product backorder or product recall.
- Collaborates with Commodities Directors or Sourcing and
Contract Managers to ensure there are no current contract
obligations for comparable products.
The information contained in this job description is intended to
describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to
this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right
to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential
duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation,
demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery,
integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a
team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at
Baylor Scott & White Health.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer and
stakeholder management skills.
- Clinical knowledge, financial concepts and strong business
acumen in a large complex healthcare system.
- Good organization skills - ability to prioritize and
- Experience leading teams of cross-functional resources without
- Ability to successfully adapt to a continuously growing and
- Ability to express personal point of view in a constructive and
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and achieve
- Self-starter; Acts with a sense of urgency in all
- Ability to build long-term working relationships with teams and
customers, both internal and external.
- Has a valid Registed Nursing (RN) license in the state of
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- -TO accrual beginning Day 1
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- -401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- -Tuition Reimbursement
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 4 years experience required
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas , RN Clinical Product Evaluation Manager, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!