Manager, IS Applications (Onsite based
Company: Tenet Healthcare
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Under general supervision of the Director of IS Applications,
the Application Manager will be considered a key Information
Services leader, focused on application service delivery. This
person will advise operating units on system-wide projects and
reported issues as well as create and foster strong working
relationships with those leaders. The manager will provide
oversight of the development, delivery, and support of technology
solutions to achieve optimal patient safety and workflow
efficiencies. This is a supervisory role responsible for people
management; managing the local application support teams, vendor
partners and various internal partners associated with Tenet's
business functions. The Application Manager will lead a team of
analysts to manage administration and maintenance of assigned
information systems, function(s) and/or resources. Major
responsibilities include assignments for installations,
conversions, upgrades, and the development of implementation plans
that ensure minimal impact on end users. This role is responsible
for support of assigned hospital-based applications, solutions,
processes, and assistance with integration to enterprise solutions.
Support will include, planning, testing, troubleshooting, and
solutioning as needed. Additional responsibilities include
oversight for budget and invoice approval, project request intake,
project resource procurement, project request tracking, and
escalation management. The ability to communicate effectively with
vendors and hospital personnel on all levels is required. Duties &
- Provide front-line, second level support as part of the IS
- Occasionally work after-hours/weekends to support the needs of
the technology organization.
- Respond to user requests. Includes change requests, tickets,
and emailed requests from customers and vendor partners.
- Support all critical service management processes: Incident
Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Application
Enhancements, and On call rotation.
- Monitor applications for any performance issues and communicate
- Collaborate with vendors and other support teams to scope,
install, and implement support systems.
- Clearly communicate technical information to both internal and
external stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Collaborate on needs analysis, upgrades, or changes to systems
and recommend cost-effective hardware/software solutions.
- Facilitate user group sessions to identify and solve
- Manage assignments for installations, conversions, and
upgrades, and develops implementation plans that ensure minimal
impact on end users.
- Identify opportunities to improve manual processes and provide
cost-benefit analysis of automated solutions.
- Coordinate or direct internal/external audits as needed
- Other duties as assigned Staffing
- Supervise analysts and project managers, monitor/track major
- Develops the technical, administrative, and managerial skills
of assigned staff through coaching, educational offerings, work
assignments, and other developmental opportunities.
- Assign work, monitor work quality, review output, and ensure
that staff is effectively trained to successfully deliver work
- Plan, organize, and direct all activities related to staffing,
including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and
continuing education initiatives. Strategic Planning
- Develop departmental goals, along with plans and standards that
are consistent with the technological, clinical, administrative,
legal, and ethical requirements/objectives.
- Participate in establishing long-term (i.e., 3+ years)
strategic technology directions that will have impact across the
organization, in partnership with senior management and senior
- Direct and evaluate all departmental activities including
research, design and development of new technologies, service level
determination and complaint management.
- Provide support to higher level managers or serve as a team
member on complex projects.
- Serve as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments,
and vendors to align clinical and IT standards with department
workflow, processes, and policies.
- Assess the impact of business requirements and process roadmaps
across the IT architecture to ensure all aspects are
- Responsible for participating or directing IS budget activities
- Assist in clinical process redesign and documentation as needed
for new technology
- Responsible to attend meetings as assigned by the department or
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and
- Maintain current knowledge of changes, regulations, and
- Candidates for this role should have a passion for providing
excellent customer service and the ability to promote innovation
within the organization.
- Practice's professionalism and integrity in all actions -
Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation,
self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Strong organizational skills, decisive judgement, and the
ability to establish predictable outcomes for our customers is
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies - Ability to
organize and prioritize tasks by balancing business needs with
- Excellent problem-solving and people skills- Communicates ideas
effectively to resolve conflicts and achieve business goals.
Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Ability to
gather information and accurately represent it to Leadership teams.
Ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical
- Team management and collaborative capabilities - Commitment to
collaboration, within and across departments. Leverages each team
member's unique background and perspective to achieve team goals
while providing clear direction and accountabilities.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Understands interpersonal and group
dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner. Has a range
of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a
best-fit approach. Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer
Science, Information Systems, Business Administration with
technology as a core component or a closely related field; OR five
(5) years of progressively responsible experience working in IT
operations, strategic planning, development, project management and
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to plan and
execute small-to-large projects
- Robust knowledge of software and hardware architecture and
systems. (i.e., components, relationships, constraints)
- Excellent problem diagnosis skills (i.e., discovery,
replication, troubleshooting, resolution, verification,
communication and/or escalation)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines
within a rapidly changing environment
- Experience working directly with customers, vendor technology
teams, internal teams, and business partners to resolve issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of GE CPN, Cerner Integration, Meditech,
Teletracking, Midas, and other hospital applications Working
- Normal sedentary office environment
- Work requires frequent mental/visual effort and operating a PC
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job.
They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the job. Tenet
Healthcare/USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws
regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are
offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable
law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or
obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to
your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination
requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in
accordance with the law.
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare, Dallas , Manager, IS Applications (Onsite based, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!