Bone Marrow Transplant/Immune Effector Cell & Oncology Quality Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Bone Marrow Transplant/Immune Effector Cell & Oncology
Quality Manager is an integral member of the BMT/IEC leadership
team. The position manages two staff members that support quality
and oncology program activities. The role operates in a hybrid
setting, with cancer center/in-office and remote work options
depending on day-to-day work activities. The position includes the
following areas of focus/responsibility:
- Manages the BMT/IEC Program quality program, monitors processes
and regulatory compliance to meet Foundation for the Accreditation
of Cellular Therapy (FACT) requirements.
- Facilitates the oncology service line quality program.
Identifies and leads/facilitates quality initiatives related to
accreditation requirements (i.e. CoC, NAPBC) and other oncology
priorities. Ensures compliance with quality related standards
including meeting attendance, project presentations and content,
and periodic updates to senior leadership.
- Plans and executes strategies to remedy current and potential
quality issues. Regularly reports to top management regarding
compliance performance and remedial needs and is able to make
independent decisions requiring judgment by using general
guidelines provided by leadership.
- Leads external audits/inspections/surveys/qualifications
including preparation, hosting, developing written responses and
corrective action plans regarding recommendations. Consults with
BMT program representatives to maintain continuous readiness for
planned, random and/or unannounced surveys.
- Serves as the Authorized Representative for FDA approved immune
effector cell therapies. Responsible for all duties associated with
this role as identified by the manufacturer's REMS program.
- Manages process to conduct regular and ad hoc audits to assess
BMT and oncology quality levels and procedures. Reviews changes in
processes or procedures to assess potential impact on care
- Serves as consultant for clinical trials utilizing cellular
therapies. This may include review of contracts, protocols,
reference manuals, and other documents as needed. Collaborate with
research department regarding onsite
audits/inspections/qualifications that include any portion of BMT
- Coordinates with appropriate disciplines to ensure compliance
with all regulations and standards such as Joint Commission, CMS,
and the FDA related to performance improvement, patient safety, and
- Collaborates with the cancer registry, facility-based oncology
program coordinators and the oncology nursing forum to develop,
monitor and continuously refine key system oncology dashboard
- Coordinates with appropriate facility designees for system-wide
quality improvement activities for the Oncology Service Line. Leads
or participates in other quality and oncology program projects, as
- Manages the selection, design, validation, training, and
troubleshooting of quality-specific activities in electronic record
systems (i.e. SOPs, deviations)
- Assists department leaders with selection, design, validation,
training, and troubleshooting of BMT Program specific electronic
record systems, including instances of upgrade.
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years' experience required
- Able to repair, maintain, test, and calibrate basic diagnostic
imaging equipment/systems to ensure safe and proper operation.
- Able to routinely travel to other Baylor Scott & White
facilities to assist with scheduled and unscheduled service
- Able to effectively communicate with and interact with
customers, providers, and team members.
- Able to participate in on-call rotation.
- Able to effectively self-manage time and assigned projects.
- Must have the physical ability to lift and move material
weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Knowledge of computer systems and networking.
Keywords: BSWH, Dallas , Bone Marrow Transplant/Immune Effector Cell & Oncology Quality Manager, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!