Care Transition Manager Registered Nurse - Case Management
Company: Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Care Transition Manager Registered NurseAre you looking for a
rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits?
We are looking for a qualified Care Transition Manager RN like you
to join our Texas Health family.
* Work location: Texas Health Azle; 108 Denver Trail Azle TX
* Department: Care Management Department
* Work hours: PRN - As Needed; Day Shift; Variable hours as needed.
Need PRN that is able to work periodically during the week and some
Texas Health Azle is 36 bed small community hospital that provides
exceptional care to Suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown
and surrounding areas. Texas Health Azle is a Joint Commission -
Certified Level III Stroke Center a Level IV Trauma Center and
accredited Chest Pain Management facility. Join our award-winning
Texas Health family and become a part of a team that is improving
the health of our communities daily. You belong here!
* BSN required. Bachelor's Degree Nursing Individuals hired as CTRN
prior to May 11, 2017 will be grandfathered to the CTRN position
with an RN, at the entity they were employed at on May 11, 2017.
* 3 years of experience in hospital/medical as staff nurse in acute
care setting required
* 1 year of experience of discharge planning/care management
Licenses and Certifications:
* RN upon hire
* CPR -Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation upon hire required and
* ACM - Accredited Case Manager upon hire preferred or
* CCM - Certified Case Manager upon hire preferred or
* Other - ANCC upon hire preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical necessity criteria preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel).
* Customer service skills.
* Ability to engage in complex clinical decision-making.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration.
* Critical thinking, analysis, and conflict resolution skills.
* Flexible scheduling, as necessary.
* Psychosocial and crisis intervention skills.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Responsible for ensuring patients are transitioned to appropriate
levels of care in a timely and effective manner:
Assigns patients to and supports appropriate transition programs
(e.g. ACO members) when applicable.
* Communicates with the multidisciplinary team (physicians,
nursing, therapy), patient, family, and post-acute care
stakeholders in order to coordinate care.
* Educates, patients, caregivers, and the multidisciplinary team
regarding available post-acute care services and needs.
* Executes and updates the discharge plan as needed.
* Communicates final transition plan 24-48 hours prior to
* Facilitates care conferences for complex transitions, placement,
and palliative care needs.
* Serves as a point of contact for all identified stakeholders.
Ensures patients are provided post-acute options based on clinical
necessity and patient choice while also considering the payor
* Serves as a content expert regarding payor information.
* Educates the multidisciplinary team, patients and caregivers
regarding payor requirements and barriers.
* Communicates with payors as needed.
* Proactively identifies patients who no longer meet continued stay
criteria and communicates with the physician team.
* Attempts to schedule PCP, specialist or clinic follow up
appointments for patients.
Why Texas Health? As a Care Transition Manager RN, you'll enjoy
top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off,
competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care
spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your
family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment
program and more.
At Texas Health Plano, our people make this a great place to work
every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first,
excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Resources a great place
Here are a few of our recent awards:
* 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For--" (7th
year in a row)
* Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
* "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
* A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work--
Additional perks of being Care Transition Manager RN:
* Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing to a teamwork
* Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training, and
dedicated leadership resources.
* Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to email@example.com.
Keywords: Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle, Dallas , Care Transition Manager Registered Nurse - Case Management, Executive , Azle, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!