Hospice Case Manager - Registered Nurse - Hospice
Company: Amedisys Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Hospice Case Manager - Registered NurseWhat You Will Do
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special
opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of
hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in
their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending
physician, patients and their families, and other members of the
patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient
care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high
quality end-of-life care for the patient.
* Performs initial nursing assessment on new admissions and
completed initial plan of care. Coordinates the total Plan of Care
and maintains continuity of patient care by collaborating with
appropriate staff. Revises plan of care as needed. Completes
updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates
changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and contractors
providing patient care.
* Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to care
center policies. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes
* Works in cooperation with family/caregiver and IDT to meet
emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver. Teaches patients,
families and caregivers appropriate patient care techniques. Makes
referrals to other hospice care disciplines as needed or documents
rationale for not doing so.
* Regularly communicates with Clinical Manager and protects, honors
and respects patient and coworker confidentiality and right to
* Attends care center provided in-service programs to fulfill
requirements of the position and care center policy.
* Keeps abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
* Performs on-call responsibilities and on-call services to
patients/families as assigned.
* Complies with policies, procedures and regulatory mandates
including but not limited to abiding to the terms of the Amedisys
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to the state(s) the employee is assigned to work/cover for
the company. May possess either a single state license in each
non-compact state and/or a compact license in their state of
residence that is accepted in all Nurse License Compact (NLC)
* Nurse License Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual
recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one
license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other
states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's
practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC
state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
* One (1 ) year of experience as a Registered Nurse or eligible for
RN intern program.
* Current CPR certification
* Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance to complete home visits
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
* Previous home health or hospice experience
* Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Inc, Dallas , Hospice Case Manager - Registered Nurse - Hospice, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!