Band Director (Grades: 9-12) Base Calendar
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Click here to see campuses calendars for the 2022-2023 school
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and
experience designed to help them fulfill their potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable
students to develop competencies and skills to function
successfully in society. Assist and support building principal to
ensure on-site administration and execution of the district's
educational programs, policies, and regulations and quality
instruction for all students in a safe and healthy environment.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of
the district's instruction curriculum program and show written
evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior.
- Establish a system of student evaluation within the guidelines
prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district.
- Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students'
progress and report to parents as needed and required.
- Teach within the course of study for the subject area at the
grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school
- Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives
and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a
variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best
utilize available time for instruction.
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional
staff members in assessing and helping students resolve health,
attitude, and learning problems.
- Be available for counseling with students and parents before
and after school.
- Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational
programs to the community through such activities as open house and
- Plan and coordinate the work of aides and other
paraprofessional and student teachers (when applicable).
- Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the
system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the
district's uniform guidelines for evaluation and assessment.
- Keep accurate records of student information; compile,
maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents
required by the school and district.
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must routinely lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel
throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working
environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for
campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and
punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at
the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required of this job:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accrediteduniversity
- Valid Texas teacher certificate with required endorsementsfor
subject and subject level assigned.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks,duties, and
procedures and the ability tofollow specific instructions with
littleor no previous experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility tocope with the challenges of a
rapidly changing world.
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the
latestdevelopments in the profession.
Keywords: Dallas Independent School District, Dallas , Band Director (Grades: 9-12) Base Calendar, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!