Director of Clinical Services
Company: Envision Healthcare
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewDirector of Clinical Services -Envision HealthcareMust
live in Houston/San Antonio - South Texas MarketEnvision Physician
Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice
management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides
anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology,
primary/urgent care, surgical services, and womens and childrens
health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and
Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form
Envision Physician Services. -As one organization, we now provide a
greater scope of service than any other national physician group.
Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized
engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and
team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better
solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare
organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia. - If you are looking for a
stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that
is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may
be a great next step in the advancement of your career.We currently
have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director
of Clinical Services!ResponsibilitiesThe Director of Clinical
Services (DCS) works collaboratively with the Envision Physician
Services operating unit leadership team, medical directors, and
clients towards performance enhancement and goal achievement for
all contracted Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine and Critical
Care services. - This position supports the regional and local
practice medical leadership and front-line clinicians in improving
patient care processes and outcomes. The DCS monitors and supports
clinical quality, service line clinical operations, corporate
initiatives, and acts in an advisory capacity towards enhancing
clinician engagement, customer value and contract
retention.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Client
- Gains understanding of and assist in development of client site
management objectives and oversees progress to achieve results
across multiple service lines.
- Maintains ongoing proactive communications with applicable
physician leaders to include Senior Vice President, Regional
Medical Director and Site Medical Director and any other designated
key contacts to identify potential site opportunities or prevent
- Serves as an information resource regarding site issues for
internal Envision management team (to include EVP, SVP, RMD, SMD,
- Works in conjunction with Clinical operations to monitor key
metrics related to operations, clinical quality practice, patient
and clinician experience, site financials, etc.
- Contributes towards client long term strategic plan development
in conjunction with clinical leadership.
- Collaborates with hospital client leadership team members to
utilize networking through the Envision client base as well as
benchmarking of hospital performance.Clinical Operations
- Evaluates and identifies areas of opportunity for improvement
with our health system and hospital customers across multiple
service lines to include emergency medicine, hospital medicine,
critical care, radiology, anesthesia, Womens and Childrens and
surgical services where applicable. Creates action plans to drive
change and accountability.
- Conducts operational assessments at hospital sites in
collaboration with physician leadership and prepares written
reports for client and Envision leadership to include findings and
- Conducts redesign sessions to facilitate enhanced patient flow.
Approaches and tools include, but is not limited to, LEAN, Rapid
Process Design, TeamSTEPPS, Value Stream Mapping, PDCA cycles.
- Partners with local hospital and health system process
improvement personnel to align Envision clinicians with the
- Partners with internal Envision Healthcare process improvement
resources and hospital system customers to plan events that
increase our value to hospital systems. Ensures events are linked
to key performance indicators and tracks progress following
- Collaborates with business operations and physician leaders to
perform demand capacity matching with the aim to align our
resources to match demand. Advisory Services
- Mentors/coaches assigned facilities, clinical leadership and
Site Clinical Leaders as
- Provides assistance with responding to regulatory compliance
opportunities (i.e. CMS, DOH audits, TJC, DMV) and offers
assistance towards developing plans for remediation.
- Provides guidance relative to overall client initiatives and
strategic goals (e.g. expansion planning/design, pursuit of
hospital Magnet status, Center of Excellence designation, disaster
planning drills, accreditations, specialty certificates, )
- Develops comprehensive business plans to assist sites with
procuring or justifying additional resources (e.g. business case
for additional RN staffing, additional beds, expansion efforts) or
promoting strategic direction.
- Participates as needed in hospital committees/efforts to
support growth and resource provision for all provided service
- Stays abreast of latest trends, news, best practices and
information in the realm of all applicable service lines and as
well as the hospital industry and healthcare management. -Clinical
- Participates and supports initiatives dedicated to delivery of
safe, high quality, patient centered care.
- Assists Site Clinical Leaders with implementation of health
system and hospital customers clinical quality initiatives.
- Acts as a consultant to Site Clinical Leaders in monitoring
clinical quality and improvement activities.
- Researches and creates clinical education content based on
current value-based practice.
- Deploys the companys national quality program to include QPP,
MIPS measures and value-based performance.
- Coordinates resources, consultation and training on regulatory
requirements and quality standards. Clinician and Patient
- Support clinical wellbeing and engagement and needs of
- Reviews and analyzes patient survey feedback from both internal
and external sources to determine practice and provider-specific
strengths and opportunities.
- Provides clinician and patient experience training to medical
providers and clients staff to optimize the patient experience to
include the relevance of the patients care experience.
- Supports the client and medical providers in creating a service
culture with established standards and tools; executes skills labs
and one-on-one observation with follow-up coaching for medical
providers. Support onboarding of new clinicians to assigned
sitesTravel is required for this position with regional
variability. Expectations for at least 50% travel to visit
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience
required with graduate degree preferred.
- Nursing license preferredExperience:
- 5+ years of outpatient and/or post-acute management experience
to include supervision of people and ability to interact with all
levels of personnel to include executive management
- Proven track record of results to include but not limited to
physician relations, quality, processes enhancements and customer
- Previous clinical experience in an outpatient and/or post-acute
setting is desired with leadership experience preferred.Knowledge
- In-depth understanding of healthcare operations and evolving
- Knowledge of pertinent quality and safety performance
indicators and national and industry group standards to include
ACOs, CAHPS, TJC, NAHQ, DMV etc.
- Ability to lead effective teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and functioning in a
fast-paced, complex environmentIf you are ready to join an
exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join
our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package. -Envision Physician Services uses
E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired
employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Envision
Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.#CB#LI-JL1
Keywords: Envision Healthcare, Dallas , Director of Clinical Services, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!